Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone in sixth form that can help me? :/ Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When would a year 12 student leave school for the summer holidays, if they were only doing 1 year at sixth form?

Then when would a year 12 student leave school for the summer holidays, if they were doing a 2 year course at sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

Last year at our school, the year 12 had a couple of weeks of study leave, did their exams, then came back until the end of term to start A2. This was the same whether they were doing an AS or the full 2 year A-level. If you knew you were going to drop the subject, you didn't have to go to those lessons after exams. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VioletPhillippo)
    Hiya,

Last year at our school, the year 12 had a couple of weeks of study leave, did their exams, then came back until the end of term to start A2. This was the same whether they were doing an AS or the full 2 year A-level. If you knew you were going to drop the subject, you didn't have to go to those lessons after exams. Hope this helps
    Hi there, Thanks for the reply but what I don't get is; 'This was the same whether they were doing an AS or the full 2 year A-level' - Surely the school wouldn't keep me till after my exams? If i'm only doing one year and my last exam is on the 17th of May it would be kind of weird for them to ask me to come back as i'm not doing a second year.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amirsaracevic)
    Hi there, Thanks for the reply but what I don't get is; 'This was the same whether they were doing an AS or the full 2 year A-level' - Surely the school wouldn't keep me till after my exams? If i'm only doing one year and my last exam is on the 17th of May it would be kind of weird for them to ask me to come back as i'm not doing a second year.

Thanks
    Are u taking both AS and A2 in the same year? If u are I don't think they'll make u come back after ur exams but don't u have to be in full time education till ur 18 by law?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ray_029)
    Are u taking both AS and A2 in the same year? If u are I don't think they'll make u come back after ur exams but don't u have to be in full time education till ur 18 by law?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, i'm coming out with 1 A-Level Equivalent and 1 AS Equivalent and after my exam I would like to apply for an apprenticeship for September.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.