The Student Room Group

16+ gig at Scala?

I want to go to Saint Motel gig next month, but its 16+ and I'm 15. I'm going with someone who is 18 but I don't know if I'll be asked for ID. Does anyone know if Scala is strict? If so shall i borrow a friends student ID who has already turned 16?
Reply 1
I went to Scala and saw Saint Raymond December 2015 (I was 16). Can't remember the age restriction but the bouncer made everyone in the queue show ID and if you did not have any with you then you would have to step to the side and call a parent to send a picture of your passport and then the parent would have to confirm your date of birth to him over the phone. It was hella strict but it was very close after the Paris attack which may have been why they were so extra??
Reply 2
Original post by hay_tuz
I went to Scala and saw Saint Raymond December 2015 (I was 16). Can't remember the age restriction but the bouncer made everyone in the queue show ID and if you did not have any with you then you would have to step to the side and call a parent to send a picture of your passport and then the parent would have to confirm your date of birth to him over the phone. It was hella strict but it was very close after the Paris attack which may have been why they were so extra??

Were you let in after that?
Reply 3
Original post by daisybs
Were you let in after that?

yeah thankfully! I would suggest borrowing your friend's student ID just to be on the safe side.

(on a side note I'm not 100% sure on what IDs they accept, they wouldn't accept my friend's school ID as it only had her school year on it, not her date of birth and they also wouldn't accept 16-25 railcards but fairs tho because these aren't exactly proper ID's, we were just trying everything to get in ahhahaha)
Reply 4
Original post by hay_tuz
yeah thankfully! I would suggest borrowing your friend's student ID just to be on the safe side.

(on a side note I'm not 100% sure on what IDs they accept, they wouldn't accept my friend's school ID as it only had her school year on it, not her date of birth and they also wouldn't accept 16-25 railcards but fairs tho because these aren't exactly proper ID's, we were just trying everything to get in ahhahaha)

Would they accept like a Nus card? - Ive got one but I'm tempted to change the date to make me 18 - but would they have even more of an issue with that? The school ID's at my school have the full birthdate but anyone who looks like me has lost them, ill keep looking round for an ID then.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply