Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm going to be moving up to Leeds at the end of summer to start the PGCE Primary Education course at Beckett.

Just wanted to know what other post-grad and masters students that will also be new to Leeds are planning on doing for accommodation?

I have considered going into university halls but from what I can see they seem to be quite expensive and I also don't want to end up living with freshers.

I would preferably like to live in a shared house with other post-grad/masters students. Any advice on where to find possible housemates or student letting organisations that could help me with this?

Or if anybody else is in the same position as me, feel free to message me so we could maybe form a group of people interested in living together?

Will appreciate any advice as I don't have the first clue where to start and don't want to leave it till the last minute, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You could always look at shared houses for students near the uni they seem to be a lot cheaper. I've applied to Leeds Beckett to do my masters this year and I'm in the same position of not wanting to be with freshers. I was told for other Uni's I have also applied for That the uni will place you in the accommodation with people of similar age..for example mature students and other postgraduates x

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am international student moving to Leeds this September to start the MSc Civil Engineering course. I've applied for university accommodation. According to their regulations, you can choose to share with students who are above 21. They have allocated me in the Marsden house as it is more suitable for postgraduate students. If you decide to book your room in the Marsden hosue, you can choose to share with mature students. You can also send them a Student ID of someone you would like to share with. We, the postgraduate students, would be glad to share together. If you want, I can send to you my student ID. Its a pleasure.

Regards,

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am also an international studeny moving to Leeds Beckett in September for a MSc Public Health program. However, I haven't yet sorted out my accomodation. I would really like to share a room but I'm not yet sure how to go about it. I would really appreciate your help and if possible, please provide the price ranges for a shared room.
    Kind regards.

(Original post by cengineer.93)
    Hello,

I am international student moving to Leeds this September to start the MSc Civil Engineering course. I've applied for university accommodation. According to their regulations, you can choose to share with students who are above 21. They have allocated me in the Marsden house as it is more suitable for postgraduate students. If you decide to book your room in the Marsden hosue, you can choose to share with mature students. You can also send them a Student ID of someone you would like to share with. We, the postgraduate students, would be glad to share together. If you want, I can send to you my student ID. Its a pleasure.

Regards,

ReputationRep:
    My course is also at Leeds Beckett. Regarding the shared rooms, the Marsden house does not have shared rooms. They have single en-suite rooms. The price is 132£/week. The tenancy contract is 43 weeks. This price includes all the electricity and water bills including a free wifi. However, if you're looking for shared rooms at lower prices, you should look for other accommodation buildings. There are various accommodation options published on the Leeds Beckett website. I think you'll probably share with freshers if you choose to live in shared rooms. In all cases, if you want to book a room, you should do this ASAP. The booking price is 200£. You can pay online. Don't hesitate to ask me if you have other questions. I'll be glad to help.

Regards,

(Original post by Nalsarah)
    Hi,

I am also an international studeny moving to Leeds Beckett in September for a MSc Public Health program. However, I haven't yet sorted out my accomodation. I would really like to share a room but I'm not yet sure how to go about it. I would really appreciate your help and if possible, please provide the price ranges for a shared room.
    Kind regards.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much for the info.

My course is also at Leeds Beckett. Regarding the shared rooms, the Marsden house does not have shared rooms. They have single en-suite rooms. The price is 132£/week. The tenancy contract is 43 weeks. This price includes all the electricity and water bills including a free wifi. However, if you're looking for shared rooms at lower prices, you should look for other accommodation buildings. There are various accommodation options published on the Leeds Beckett website. I think you'll probably share with freshers if you choose to live in shared rooms. In all cases, if you want to book a room, you should do this ASAP. The booking price is 200£. You can pay online. Don't hesitate to ask me if you have other questions. I'll be glad to help.

Regards,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyamyamy96)
    Hey guys,

I'm going to be moving up to Leeds at the end of summer to start the PGCE Primary Education course at Beckett.

Just wanted to know what other post-grad and masters students that will also be new to Leeds are planning on doing for accommodation?

I have considered going into university halls but from what I can see they seem to be quite expensive and I also don't want to end up living with freshers.

I would preferably like to live in a shared house with other post-grad/masters students. Any advice on where to find possible housemates or student letting organisations that could help me with this?

Or if anybody else is in the same position as me, feel free to message me so we could maybe form a group of people interested in living together?

Will appreciate any advice as I don't have the first clue where to start and don't want to leave it till the last minute, thanks!
    Hey! Did you figure something out? Im in the exactly same position as you!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Regards,
    Hey! I'm also an international student doing my masters in Filmmaking at Leeds Beckett. Any way to get in touch with you privately? I'd like to ask you more about this Student ID thing!

ReputationRep:
    Sure. I've sent to you a private message.

(Original post by ergarflo)
    Hey! I'm also an international student doing my masters in Filmmaking at Leeds Beckett. Any way to get in touch with you privately? I'd like to ask you more about this Student ID thing!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Im doing a Masters in Criminal Justice & Criminology at Uni of Leeds. Apparently there isn't availabilty for university accomodation for postgrads. I have secured mine at IQ Leeds, seems to be the best option and also reasonably priced.

Hope this helps.

Monisha.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm looking for postgrad accommodation for this September. Pretty much all of the private halls are fully booked.
    I'm doing MSc Mechatronics and Robotics at the university of Leeds. Does anyone know of any accommodation available?!

Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hol91)
    Hi, I'm looking for postgrad accommodation for this September. Pretty much all of the private halls are fully booked.
    I'm doing MSc Mechatronics and Robotics at the university of Leeds. Does anyone know of any accommodation available?!

Thanks

Hi, I believe there are some rooms left at IQ Marsden house. (My 1st original accomodation) I'm now at IQ Leeds. Good price and distance to uni

Monisha.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by hol91)

Thanks
    Hey,

Are you still looking for accommodation? If you're looking to stay in private halls, we have a few rooms still available at our Burley Road student village.

The Village is about 15 minutes' away on the bus (20 minutes if you're walking) from the University's campus, and just a 10-minute walk away from the city centre and all of its shops, bars and the train station.

Our rooms are all en-suite and range from single bed rooms to newly refurbished doubles. We also have some exciting Village Life events kicking off in September (free BBQs, movies nights, and lots more) so it will be easy to meet your new neighbours.

Let us know if you have any other questions! You can find more info on our website: https://www.mystudentvillage.com/uk/leeds/burley-road/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.