Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do some guys find it hard to get a gf? Watch

Why do some guys find it hard to get a gf? I'm a decent looking guy, somewhere in the 6 to 6.5 out of 10 region, and 6ft tall, with a good crop of hair, and nice teeth. I also get my eyebrows threaded to get a neater look. Yet I struggle to get a gf. Admittedly I do set high standards, and only go for the quite good looking girls and upwards. But it shiuldn't be this hard.

ReputationRep:
    Personality counts for a lot too
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you meet the wrong girls or they find they don't connect with you?

ReputationRep:
    Are you waiting for them to come to you or are you approaching girls actively?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why do some guys find it hard to get a gf? I'm a decent looking guy, somewhere in the 6 to 6.5 out of 10 region, and 6ft tall, with a good crop of hair, and nice teeth. I also get my eyebrows threaded to get a neater look. Yet I struggle to get a gf. Admittedly I do set high standards, and only go for the quite good looking girls and upwards. But it shiuldn't be this hard.
    Maybe there is something wrong in your approach then, but if you have high standards then I've no doubt those people have *very* high standards.

Could be worse, you could be naturally unattractive 😂😂😂

Don't give up, keep trying to figure out what it is

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it, we're too good for this world

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly I do set high standards, and only go for the quite good looking girls and upwards.
    High isn't a thing on a subjective matter don't think you're doing yourself a disservice by going for people you're actually attracted to. But seeing as you've only gone on about your looks I can only really conclude that it must be something to do with personality. Social skills, just generally not clicking with girls you're into, maybe you reek of desperation irl as well as here, who knows

ReputationRep:
    Because you need more than looks? Maybe your personality hasn't been attracting anyone. I don't mean that to sound horrible, but you seem to think that your physical appearance is the reason you can't get a gf.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This is why :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Personality and looks are a load of crap. Have you seen the ugly mingers with ok looking girls? What about the chavs? Yeah

Just be forward. Girls love it

ReputationRep:
    ''some'' lol
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it's the way you approach them, if you come across as needy, that's enough to scare off any girl.

ReputationRep:
    the only times I've ever done okay with girls is to treat them badly
    literally: I even did an experiment about this, because I'm sad like that
    I even got a girl to cheat on her boyfriend by suddenly being a **** to her, no joke. it was like pressing an "on" button with her.
    I took another girl's virginity through that technique too. I literally ignored her and didn't invite her out to things that I'd invite her friends to. lol. although this doesn't *always* work, and being "nice" doesn't always fail. but it's generally the rule I go by
    are you treating them badly? if not, maybe that's your issue. girls, whether they like it or not, love a good prick. they're strange like that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, woe is me. Just get on with life and stop moaning, you never know what's around the corner.

ReputationRep:
    Probs just not found the right person , they'll come along soon I'm sure x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    the only times I've ever done okay with girls is to treat them badly
    literally: I even did an experiment about this, because I'm sad like that
    I even got a girl to cheat on her boyfriend by suddenly being a **** to her, no joke. it was like pressing an "on" button with her.
    I took another girl's virginity through that technique too. I literally ignored her and didn't invite her out to things that I'd invite her friends to. lol. although this doesn't *always* work, and being "nice" doesn't always fail. but it's generally the rule I go by
    are you treating them badly? if not, maybe that's your issue. girls, whether they like it or not, love a good prick. they're strange like that.
    I think treating others as a decent human being would prioritises itself over getting your **** wet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I think treating others as a decent human being would prioritises itself over getting your **** wet
    I'll have to see it to believe it
    I'll go by the results I've found

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    I'll have to see it to believe it
    I'll go by the results I've found
    I'm saying that regardless of 'results'
    Going by your past posts you sound like a sociopath

ReputationRep:
    Money, gains and luxury possessions - that's all you need. Work hard, put in some graft and the girls will come to you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm odd-looking, 5'9'', not sure what counts as "good crop of hair", never thought about what my teeth look like (normal? I hope?) and I don't struggle to get A gf :dontknow: (in fact, I'm positively avoiding girls irl right now).

Also, who wants just a girl? I want THE girl I'm compatible with. That's the difficult part. It will take time and most people just don't want to be alone.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.