Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to apply for a degree apprenticeship - the uni being Queen Mary University of London and the employer being John Lewis. Both are obviously located in London whereas I reside in Birmingham, so I am wondering what my accomodation options would be as i would be studying and working part time.
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if you classify as a student as you will be working part time but you may get a council tax discount. Otherwise your best bet it to look for something shared that's easy to commute from and affordable. Look on spareroom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmer)
    I am looking to apply for a degree apprenticeship - the uni being Queen Mary University of London and the employer being John Lewis. Both are obviously located in London whereas I reside in Birmingham, so I am wondering what my accomodation options would be as i would be studying and working part time.
    Thanks
    Hi, I'm currently in my first year on the degree apprenticeship with said employer and university. We had to make a direct application to the university but that wasn't until mid-august. By the time were actually accepted, the accommodation was all full and you have to put on a waiting list. That's just what I've heard anyway as none of us ended up applying for accommodation as we all live in or around London. It's worth ringing and clarifying with QMUL.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmer)
    Thanks
    Hi afjwholli,

Normally you would apply for housing through the university at which you will be studying.

We do offer housing for students at our Lead Colleges, of which Queen Mary is one. There is now a waiting list for 2016/2017, but our housing services can also offer support in finding a place via the private housing sector.

You will find more information here: http://www.london.ac.uk/accom.html

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.