Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do some girls find it hard to get a bf? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n450GmN2Yfk
    Song says it all really :P

ReputationRep:
    most girls i know are attracted to men who break their hearts and are rude and cheat, (this is from a lot of past break ups and experience), they don't go out with the nice guys who get friend zoned because they don't want to make things awkward or hurt those people who are just friends, and vice versa for the guys, even if they are madly in love. There are only a few nice guys who actually see these things through. This is not definite for everyone but this is just from what I've witnessed.
    In general, there is a lot of pressure placed one both genders, that they need to get in relationships and need to find the one. And therefore people get more stressed when they like someone and don't take time and react and try rushing into things, making things end badly. If people removed this pressure and just said relationships were random, relaxed and didn't need to be planned all this much i think more people would be comfortable.

Perhaps people don't have time for relationships either
    (I'm probably completely wrong here ) Im just BS ing at this point hahah
    if you get where I'm coming from though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Yeah

That's a shame.

Bear in mind that as a (presumably) straight girl you will never really 'get' what is attractive about girls on a visceral level. In others words, you can't effectively judge your own desirability.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    That's a shame.

Bear in mind that as a (presumably) straight girl you will never really 'get' what is attractive about girls on a visceral level. In others words, you can't effectively judge your own desirability.
    i guess you're right

ReputationRep:
    i guess you're right

I think guys feel attraction more strongly. At least initially.

Much easier for girls to attract a bf than the other way round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    Girl who has never been in a relationship here.

Because I am a bit chubby, insecure, weird, awkward, not pretty, have no friends, have no confidence, and do not even try to take care of myself. :rolleyes:
    Might wanna work on changing that mate?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I think guys feel attraction more strongly. At least initially.

Much easier for girls to attract a bf than the other way round.
    see the second point thats where i disagree

ReputationRep:
    Ask the fisherman how to catch fish, not the fish.

ReputationRep:
    see the second point thats where i disagree

Really?

The average girl has more options than the average guy. I'm certain of this.

You are probably slightly above average anyway...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Really?

The average girl has more options than the average guy. I'm certain of this.

You are probably slightly above average anyway...
    this is news to me :rofl:

i am certainly not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Because the guys want models
    I don't

meeeeeeeeeeee
    If that's you in your profile picture, I can say that you are not ugly
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardBarfield9)
    If that's you in your profile picture, I can say that you are not ugly
    It is but eh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    Girl who has never been in a relationship here.

Because I am a bit chubby, insecure, weird, awkward, not pretty, have no friends, have no confidence, and do not even try to take care of myself. :rolleyes:
    Really? I'm sure you're not. If I could see a photo I would be able to say if you are or not to me, but because I don't have a photo I'll just have to say that you are attractive.

ReputationRep:
    It is but eh
    Honestly, you are not ugly. I'd say you're actually rather pretty.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardBarfield9)
    Honestly, you are not ugly. I'd say you're actually rather pretty.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    its my middle name
    But your middle name is _ !

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard too.

ReputationRep:
    lets be honest here (generalizations incoming). this is an honest opinion. i'm not 'right' or 'wrong', it's just how I view it. these statements come from a biased, average joe so aren't really That important.

to the topic: they don't because they (most).. are completely useless when it comes to actually obtaining a boyfriend.

you read that right.

useless. (unless they're over 30 and have had Extensive experience in that area and learnt not to be facially/aesthetically picky and learnt to approach guys. besides, in the interest of equality, and not to have feminists on my back, guys are useless as well.. and only learn through pain that life doesn't hand you anything but beats the **** out of you because you've got balls).

it skews based on how 'stunning' the girl is or how stunning they find themselves; to how insecure the girl is (as evident on this thread). 0 = hot stuff. 3 = last months thrown away dog dinner (this statement shouldn't be taken that literal).

at all points in this thread, make-up, body contouring abilities (e.g waist trainers, push-up bras; surgery, what-have-you) and ability to obtain and or maintain friendships (at best friendships allow you to gossip and meet new Females; at worst they alienate you from guys - neither of which guarantee meeting a guy) are useless/irrelevant. this is a thread assuming you're as plain as you were from your mums' womb.

0) the top tier (a 10 facially/body wise); read: celebrities like Nicki Minaj (cited as plain *****)/megan fox (cited because in an open relationship wherin She can cheat, the guy can't)/the like. these ones are goddess amongst men; but are at times known to be *****y. most information on them is sketchy at best; but one can only liken their situation to that of the 'most stunning girls'. in addition, most of these make up 0.00005% of the population and are at times too busy getting paid by insta and getting marriage requests daily (of which potential suitors are unaware that she's a ***** because she gets loads of proposals daily) for them to consider properly settling down. however, unlike the tier below, they do not need to have as much 'desirable' qualities to land a man. hence why the cosmos and ladies gossip mags exist because they get in way to many relationships way too often. as for those that one would find are actually lovely and possess amazing attributes both Off and On camera: unicorns do not exist.

1) the most stunning girls (a 8-10 facially/body wise) read: the hottest girl in university/school/college; obviously with a high amount of desirables after her daily, is at a conundrum; she wants a partner not a ONS (read one night stand); but can only ever obtain a ONS as she's an airhead with fish for brains who only gets by with her looks and brick-like personality. personalities and traits vary, but in general this type of female doesn't actually think for themselves, but rather are crowd/group associates (and can be commonly spotted in starbucks, complete with a set of uggs toddling about repeating and agreeing with what the alpha female of the group says/leading said group in itself). consensus? they rely on looks. heavily. on the other hand, IF you ever have a situation whereby she actually has a personality, a good personality, smart with ambitions (preferred requirement, after all, gold diggers exist in this tier) is actually funny (a preferred requirement); isn't a gold-digger, doesn't create drama: then with regards to boyfriends, she'd have No. Problem. Whatsoever. (it's funny imo whenever you see a girl of this calibre in a situation whereby she's baffled as to why her looks aren't helping. this situation only happens when >35 years of age; nonetheless they don't realize until then that other factors come into it.) *it must be noted that, these requirements aren't written in stone but vary from man to man; however, some of these are the most common (and might as well be law) amongst those i've come across and has thus been allayed here*

2) the medium/middle/average girls (a 6-8 facially/body wise); facially, these girls aren't as high up as the ones and body wise, would like to think that those factors wouldn't matter, and in turn can obtain insecurities much larger than the other two tiers as more time is spent comparing themselves rather than working on themselves (instagram is a problem). this in turn reduces their respective attractiveness. however, holding those factors aside, these girls don't realize that they might need to work to get a suitors' Relationship-wise attention (as more competition); and not have to settle for any guy they meet. these girls balance life properly, but could still fail to meet the basic desirables (as stated above in the 'stunning girls' section) as these vary depending on the female in question. it must still be noted that with every 'desirable' that's ticked, they increase their chance of attraction as they aren't as desired in any sense of the word in comparison to the top two tiers; but could still obtain ONS even if it's not a frequent.

3) the bottom dwellers (a 0-5 facially/body wise): these should just work on themselves. that is all. (it must be noted that most girls mentally put themselves here for no reason though, which in turn hinders their chances of success in the dating and other aspects of life and severely damages their mental health)

common traits:
    a) it should be noted that if at any point in time a girl of any status exhibits 'crazy-like' behaviour, this Will affect her desirable standards and pluck her down 5 points.. at the very least. these behaviours amount to but aren't limited to: 1) acting bipolar/hot and cold with their current suitor, like burning his gifts and breaking his property and hitting the dude over any little argument. 2) aggresively pursing and insulting (with the most extreme prejudice) any other female around his vicinity (e.g. replying to a text meant for the suitor from a female friend with scorn/anger/possessive like traits and a physical threat). 3) e.t.c

b) most women don't realize that they might actually need to work on themselves (read confidence, approaching guys, personality etc) if they'd like to obtain a suitor and not one for the night/for their other lips' pleasure downstairs.

c) most women are picky. this is a problem. not in a "you aren't allowed preferences" way, but in a 'no guy is good for me' way.

d) ***lastly, most of all, they don't realize that men are human and are not mind-readers who can discern their every whim; but rather, have needs as well that can't ONLY be met through horse-play on the bed***

most of all however, it's not the fact that they're picky when it comes to this aspect; it's the fact that they Know they're picky, insecure and what-not; but they Won't change a damn thing. but would rather come on here and complain about why no guy notices them or (for the ones that consider themselves 'brave' why guy number 5478 couldn't do mind-reading and determine from all the hints she's sending out that she's interested (oblivious to the fact that because she's hinting she cannot expect males to understand).

yes. i made generalizations. but they're generalizations for a reason. the ones i've made here aren't insulting people specifically so i'd appreciate no ad-hominem attacks. this really should serve as a guide and not an attack on your person. if you feel it's an attack, then the hammer really did hit the nail on the head.. and you know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    My advice to peolpe who can't get a bf or gf,:
    Join match.com
    I joined yesterday and this morning, three girls had already looked at my profile!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infernex)
    But your middle name is _ !
    Nope thats a lie

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.