Why do some girls find it hard to get a bf? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    https://youtu.be/mTTwcCVajAc

This is most women
    Couldn't make it past the minute mark. That was awful. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Well in the case of OP, judging by her lack of conversational skills in the brief period of interaction I had with her I wouldn't be surprised if she were single for being boring. :laugh:
    Damn. Maybe you just don't have similar interests.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't necessarily generalise girls as being the only ones finding it hard in finding someone they like. For both boys and girls, it's difficult, it depends what people look for and some people are socially awkward and find it difficult making conservation, whereas others might be more confident. Everyone is different and there isn't anything wrong with anyone, it's just about finding a guy/girl you really connect with who you know won't betray you at the end of the day or betray your secrets if everything goes wrong.

However in terms of why girls might find it difficult, like I said, everybody is different and some girls find it hard expressing their emotions for a guy without sounding too forward, too desperate or insane. We girls tend to find it hard flirting with a guy or trying to hint to him we like him because we're scared of rejection or embarrassment. Honestly, I would say girls have a more emotional pull to someone they particularly like and will want to express it more through words than actions. It's also the fact that most girls can't read a guy, we have no idea what he's thinking and when we're trying to better ourselves in front of a guy we like, we totally freeze and overthink it because we have no idea what's going through his head.

If I'm being perfectly honest this goes for boys and girls.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, What is true happiness?

Questions we shall never know the answer too
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    Stalemate :elefant::elefant:
    Because when a guy initially becomes nice, their true self soon surfaces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    and then be lonely for the rest of their lives?
    Well yeah untill they have an epiphany that they want to settle down and have kids when they're hitting 40.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334)
    My advice to peolpe who can't get a bf or gf,:
    Join match.com
    I joined yesterday and this morning, three girls had already looked at my profile!
    That site is notorious for not being legitimate. I joined over a year ago and it said I had something like 20+ views, only for me to pay the membership (which you need to do to see who viewed you) and found I had non. Not the only person who's had that issue and it's well-known for other crap as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Personally I don't reply back when they ask me out or talk to me because i'm so picky.
    That sounds *****y. You can tell them you're not interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    That site is notorious for not being legitimate. I joined over a year ago and it said I had something like 20+ views, only for me to pay the membership (which you need to do to see who viewed you) and found I had non. Not the only person who's had that issue and it's well-known for other crap as well.
    Yeah, I'm gonna terminate profile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    I feel bad if I do though :/

ReputationRep:
    Then you're at risk of getting that 'bratty' response like a kid who doesn't get their own way :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad if I do though :/
    Honesty is best policy.

ReputationRep:
    Then you're at risk of getting that 'bratty' response like a kid who doesn't get their own way :laugh:
    That's not an excuse to treat people *****y though. If you tell them "sorry, I just don't find you attractive", you've done your part. If they're going to be a *******s and treat you badly, that's on them. Guys take risks all the time when we talk to girls. We risk getting rejected, sometimes hurt (physically) and sometimes ridiculed or made fun of. So what? we still approach girls.

ReputationRep:
    That's not an excuse to treat people *****y though. If you tell them "sorry, I just don't find you attractive", you've done your part. If they're going to be a *******s and treat you badly, that's on them. Guys take risks all the time when we talk to girls. We risk getting rejected, sometimes hurt (physically) and sometimes ridiculed or made fun of. So what? we still approach girls.
    As if that won't hurt someone's feelings.

ReputationRep:
    No it's not , I'll always be honest but 9/10 It does not end well. I'd rather just be upfront then string a person along, might not be pleasant but better for them in the long run right

ReputationRep:
    Not an easy way to say it, is there ? If you don't like someone 'in that way' it's nearly always gonna go down like a sack of **** isn't it :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    It will. The point here is not to avoid hurting them but not being a *****. Fine if you wanna be one but telling someone you don't like him is honest and ignoring their messages as if they're lepers is *****y.

ReputationRep:
    No it's not , I'll always be honest but 9/10 It does not end well. I'd rather just be upfront then string a person along, might not be pleasant but better for them in the long run right
    What kind of guys do you hang around with... ?

No guy I know who has been rejected reacted with anything other than "cool...bye".

Some of them may doubt themselves, some may ask what's wrong with them but nobody I know has been horrible.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of guys do you hang around with... ?

No guy I know who has been rejected reacted with anything other than "cool...bye".

Some of them may doubt themselves, some may ask what's wrong with them but nobody I know has been horrible.
    Just act a bit bitter they do , rightly so of course , but if anything it makes me realise I made the right decision .. when they turn like that .

I haven't had this problem for a while though ,most of my male friends are gay which is much better for me lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    because some girls are like this
    If I ever get this desperate for a girlfriend, please just put me down... XD

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.