Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just finished high school, and since my country has a very low standard of education I am searching for an university that is located outside here, more specifically Europe (personal reasons).
    The main problem is that, since I live in a third world country, my currency is weak and therefore I can't afford an expensive place neither an expensive living so my requirements would be basically 3 : Cheap (I can afford around 300-400 USD per month), that teaches in English and the possibility to work (I read that in some places if you have a student visa you cannot work).

Any kind of help will be appreciated, I just started searching so any additional knowledge will be useful.

i feel like my question is the same as "yo you guys know how to convert lead into gold? ^^^"

I just realized that I posted in the wrong section, I believe that the correct one would be here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116

ReputationRep:
    Scandinavia - free for EU students (depending where you're from)
    I'm Swedish, my mom kept insisting that I went to KTH (Kungliga Tekniska Högskola), but I decided to stay in UK.
    Universities charge yearly, and to study in Sweden it's around 16k kr a year for NON-EU students. Resident visa is also not hard to obtain.
    Plus, you can study for 4 years, then work for a year and apply for Swedish citizenship since there aren't any official language requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you VERY much for the reply! I'm Brazilian btw.
    I just converted and 16k Krona is around 1800 USD, but what about living costs? For example how much would it be for the living (like apartment + food).
    Do they teach in English in the Swedish Universities? Do you know any other besides the KTH? How is their admission exam?

I'm looking forward to almost any foreign university, since studying in Europe will already be a enormous step in my actual life and future one ;D (Things here are rough sadly =/ )
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by haett)
    Thank you VERY much for the reply! I'm Brazilian btw.
    I just converted and 16k Krona is around 1800 USD, but what about living costs? For example how much would it be for the living (like apartment + food).
    Do they teach in English in the Swedish Universities? Do you know any other besides the KTH? How is their admission exam?
    http://www.eunicas.ie/

^Link to help you search for programmes in taught in English in Europe

Note: This site is for British people and therefore the tuition fees they list are for EU students

(Brazil is not that bad... but I guess the political situation is rather strenuous)

Btw: Public Universities in Germany are free even for international students and some of them even offer programmes taught in English depending on your major

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.