Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I am currently on my last year of IB, and I am an Australian citizen studying in Hong Kong.

    I have recently been conditionally offered a place in both Warwick and Kings college for law.

    Now obviously going to UK for me is going to be much more costly (by at least 4 times) but obtaining a JD in the U.K. will be much quicker (3 years) comparing to Australia (Melbourne and Sydney U only provide postgrad level law which means I'd need to take at least 5-6 years to get a JD, although it means I'd be obtaining 2 degrees in the end, which is also a factor of consideration)

    So I am just wondering which is better in terms of course structure and whether it is better to go to UK rather than Australia; are KCL and Warwick' career prospects and reputation enough to triumph over Melbourne/Sydney U that I should spend much more money to study in UK instead of Australia???

    Also, if I go to Melbourne U and Sydney U, what undergrad is best to compliment postgrad law??? Should I choose Arts, which is fairly easy to get into or something difficult in the beginning like Biomed???? Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

    Asking the same questions again and again in different forums isn't going to get you much further! With considering two different countries for your education you will have to weigh up finance and where it will come from. In terms of prospects and careers you need to think about whether training in one country will let you get a job in another or whether you will have to do exams or conversion courses. Where do you want to end up eventually?
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.