Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

IB and ATAR, University of Melbourne

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me how the IB and ATAR conversion works??? And is an IB score of 38-43 (worst to best) enough to get into Biomed or Arts (commerce, business, finance) in Melbourne University??? Eventually I'd like to study Law in postgrad level

(Original post by Jude586)
    Can someone tell me how the IB and ATAR conversion works??? And is an IB score of 38-43 (worst to best) enough to get into Biomed or Arts (commerce, business, finance) in Melbourne University??? Eventually I'd like to study Law in postgrad level
    Dude it's definitely enough.

Besides they do display IB requirements.

(Current applicant too but for Bachelor of Science)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Dude it's definitely enough.

Besides they do display IB requirements.

(Current applicant too but for Bachelor of Science)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    On the"Minimum IB scores" they said that a guaranteed entry score for BioMed is 38... but when they say "Guaranteed entry score" does it mean that you are really guaranteed a place, or does it mean entry requirements where you may still be rejected??? If the latter is the case what kind of score do I need to get to really be sure that I'll be taken in??

(Original post by Jude586)
    On the"Minimum IB scores" they said that a guaranteed entry score for BioMed is 38... but when they say "Guaranteed entry score" does it mean that you are really guaranteed a place, or does it mean entry requirements where you may still be rejected??? If the latter is the case what kind of score do I need to get to really be sure that I'll be taken in??
    Guaranteed entry if you make the score

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The "clearly in-rank" is the guaranteed-entry score you were talking about, and it's the lowest-accepted score from the previous year for that course. It wouldn't be 100% guaranteed, because there might be a lot more applicants with higher scores applying for your course for your year (which would push up the cutoff score as they only have a limited number of places). However, it's still a pretty good indicator of your chances of getting in -- which I think are pretty high.

Also, I got an IB 43 (pre-remark) and made it into Biomedicine at the University of Melbourne, so that would definitely be enough.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.