Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I reckon that Melbourne University only offers Law in postgrad level which is fine, but I am wondering what undergraduate subjects I should choose to compliment it. My friend suggests that I should choose Arts (Commerce, business, finance), while other suggests that I should go for something harder from the beginning like Biomedicine.

Nevertheless, the main problem that I am experiencing is that I am kind of confused with its entry systems... I am an Australian studying IB in Hong Kong so I will be using my IB direct results to apply as a domestic student... then I came across something called Commonwealth supported places, domestic fees, scholarships and guaranteed entry for law which confuses me. Also, another problem is that I dont know how the IB and ATAR conversion works... I am currently predicted a 43 in IB and I think I will get a 41-42, worst 38 eventually... what are the chances that I will get in with a 38 for Biomed and Arts??? and can someone please explain to me what are my Melbourne U pathways to Law??? Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    First off, this is a UK site so you're unlikely to get a response on here from someone who has been through the system. Is there no way of emailing the uni and asking? It may also be a good idea to sit down and go through the website with a fine toothed comb as things like entry requirements should be listed on the website and info about what your qualifications mean. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.