Jude586
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I reckon that Melbourne University only offers Law in postgrad level which is fine, but I am wondering what undergraduate subjects I should choose to compliment it. My friend suggests that I should choose Arts (Commerce, business, finance), while other suggests that I should go for something harder from the beginning like Biomedicine.

Nevertheless, the main problem that I am experiencing is that I am kind of confused with its entry systems... I am an Australian studying IB in Hong Kong so I will be using my IB direct results to apply as a domestic student... then I came across something called Commonwealth supported places, domestic fees, scholarships and guaranteed entry for law which confuses me. Also, another problem is that I dont know how the IB and ATAR conversion works... I am currently predicted a 43 in IB and I think I will get a 41-42, worst 38 eventually... what are the chances that I will get in with a 38 for Biomed and Arts??? and can someone please explain to me what are my Melbourne U pathways to Law??? Thanks
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First off, this is a UK site so you're unlikely to get a response on here from someone who has been through the system. Is there no way of emailing the uni and asking? It may also be a good idea to sit down and go through the website with a fine toothed comb as things like entry requirements should be listed on the website and info about what your qualifications mean. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
9.52%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (54)
64.29%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (12)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
10.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.19%

Watched Threads