Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dating a 16 year old when your 21? Yay or nay? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was 16 and went out with a 23 year old for 8 months - it was a complete disaster and I wish I'd never met him; be careful.

ReputationRep:
    Age doesn't matter I think. But the most important things is your satisfaction. If you are satisfied dating with any person who is younger than you I think it's okey.

ReputationRep:
    **** no. Also her Dad will kill you, if he has anything about him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JS995)
    Recently I was flicking through the black hole that is tinder. I matched with a very attrative girl with who I had the most 'common connections' with than any other match.

I've began messaging and after the usual small talk and flirtatious banter she told me she was actually 16 and not 19 as her profile had said.

I didn't said its a little weird but we continued talking, I had no intentions of taking things further. We were literally just talking. She shares almost every view I have on a political and philosophical level as well as a smiliar taste in music (mine is super obscure) as well as art and film.

She added me on Facebook and from there we have been chatting a lot. We will talk on FaceTime or a phone call for 5 hours. Discussion different things from hobbys and interests to personnel aspirations.

She's told me she likes me. And I like her back. It's just weird.

Is it alright?

That I can't decide. I know guys with the same 5 year gap and they had no worries doing it. I know people who were 25 and 16 and have been going strong for a few years now but it still feels weird and I can't decide what to do.

I definitely want to keep her in my life even if just as a friend but I would prefer to be intimate.

I know we aren't breaking any laws if we do decide to get together but the gap is literally keeping me awake at night. Any thoughts/opinions would be great.
    nonce

ReputationRep:
    Lawful.

But wrong. Age of consent is 16 unless you are in a position of trust, such as a librarian, police officer, community worker or teacher. if so, run the **** away. But do that anyway bc bro she's 16 wtf r u doin

ReputationRep:
    Meh

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely playing with fire. You should remember what you where like at 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JS995)
    Recently I was flicking through the black hole that is tinder. I matched with a very attrative girl with who I had the most 'common connections' with than any other match.

I've began messaging and after the usual small talk and flirtatious banter she told me she was actually 16 and not 19 as her profile had said.

I didn't said its a little weird but we continued talking, I had no intentions of taking things further. We were literally just talking. She shares almost every view I have on a political and philosophical level as well as a smiliar taste in music (mine is super obscure) as well as art and film.

She added me on Facebook and from there we have been chatting a lot. We will talk on FaceTime or a phone call for 5 hours. Discussion different things from hobbys and interests to personnel aspirations.

She's told me she likes me. And I like her back. It's just weird.

Is it alright?

That I can't decide. I know guys with the same 5 year gap and they had no worries doing it. I know people who were 25 and 16 and have been going strong for a few years now but it still feels weird and I can't decide what to do.

I definitely want to keep her in my life even if just as a friend but I would prefer to be intimate.

I know we aren't breaking any laws if we do decide to get together but the gap is literally keeping me awake at night. Any thoughts/opinions would be great.
    I like a larger gap between the ages tbqh. I'm 20 and my "girlfreind" is 11. We have been dating for 2 years now but she only knew about me and her being a "thing" last year. She is really good in bed and likes it when I act younger than her. She dresses up as a clown. I love her tits <3 19 no 9 teens maybe

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.