Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSR,

I'm in a predicament.

I left sixth form about a year ago to go into employment. I like it where I work - but I want to experience university and go into an area of work that suits me.

I don't have a full A Level as I left just before the exam dates unfortunately, after considering returning, the college closed.

I dream of going to university to pursue Computer Science, but my options are short. What is my best option?

Go back to Sixth Form this September and stay for another 2 years?
    Pay to do my A Levels (x3) and possibly go to Uni this/next year?
    An Access Course perhaps? Although this doesn't seem to benefits my needs for CompSci.

Any advice would be appreciated, many thanks

ReputationRep:
    You could sit the exams as a private candidate, as long as you apply in time (? There'll be a deadline I'd imagine). You would have to pay to sit the A levels. Sounds like a good option to me. Self-studying & revising is pretty straight forward and you could get tutors if needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tennysons_maud)
    You could sit the exams as a private candidate, as long as you apply in time (? There'll be a deadline I'd imagine). You would have to pay to sit the A levels. Sounds like a good option to me. Self-studying & revising is pretty straight forward and you could get tutors if needed.

I think the above is my best option moving forward in all honesty.

Thank you for your response.

Any other advice?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.