Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I Reading Too Much Into This? Watch

Hey Guys;

Well, I've been interested in someone for a while now and they know I'm interested but nothing has come of it.
    Anyway, I was speaking to them yesterday and they said that their parents "See me like another son". Am I reading too much into this or could there be something more to it?

I've known them for the last 4 years if it makes any difference?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It could be good. As long as she never called you her son or something, then any form of family zoning would be a terrible sign.

She's waiting for you to make a move, don't leave it too long... Ask her out!

(Original post by Anonymous)
      Hey Guys;

Well, I've been interested in someone for a while now and they know I'm interested but nothing has come of it.
      Anyway, I was speaking to them yesterday and they said that their parents "See me like another son". Am I reading too much into this or could there be something more to it?

I've known them for the last 4 years if it makes any difference?
      Could be anything. If you're interested in them, ask them out. Only thing is that, even if they feel the same as you, it might take more convincing to get them to take the idea seriously, because these cases are the ones (in my experience) where you/they will love you to bits but be too scared of hurting you to want to take the risk.

Anyone else guys?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      Anyone else guys?
      Im assuming the person is another guy? sorry if its a girl but maybe their family see you as their son. If this person knows you have feelings and nothing is happening you might want to move on.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.