The Student Room Group

Double maths GCSE

Back in 2012 my high school participated in a pilot gcse scheme in maths by where we had to sit 2 gcses. 1 was called 'Methods in Mathematics' and this was sat in Year 10 (I got a D in this) and the second was called 'Application in Mathematics' which was sat at the end of year 11 like normal (I got a C in this)

Now my university asks for maths gcse at grades A-C as an entry requirement for the course I'm applying to. Am I considered as having fulfilled that criteria with the C in my second maths gcse? I've not seen much posted about this twin qualification on here, I think my school was one of the only few in the country doing it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by RB22
Back in 2012 my high school participated in a pilot gcse scheme in maths by where we had to sit 2 gcses. 1 was called 'Methods in Mathematics' and this was sat in Year 10 (I got a D in this) and the second was called 'Application in Mathematics' which was sat at the end of year 11 like normal (I got a C in this)

Now my university asks for maths gcse at grades A-C as an entry requirement for the course I'm applying to. Am I considered as having fulfilled that criteria with the C in my second maths gcse? I've not seen much posted about this twin qualification on here, I think my school was one of the only few in the country doing it.

Good question :smile:

I *think* the answer is yes, but double check with the university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending