Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The right wing are a very touchy and hypocritical group. They're loud mouth is actually a defence mechanism because they've realised that their ideologies are drowning into irrelevance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I know, I was just messing, I think this is more appropriate for the both of us :lol:

Isn't like basically what most people are? It's incredibly common. Pro capitalism and people can marry whoever they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    We are intelligent enough to reject the leftist brainwashing to which we were subject at high school and have reset the clock to zero before ushering in a new era of rightist thought, our dawn, a golden dawn.
    If you want rightist brainwashing you can get it right here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Isn't like basically what most people are? It's incredibly common. Pro capitalism and people can marry whoever they want.
    that's what it's poking fun at, people think they're special for not totally aligning with one side of the spectrum when really it's very common

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)
    If you want rightist brainwashing you can get it right here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
    The DM is leftist, the fact that anyone considers those half-assed amateurs right shows just how far left we've gone.

(Original post by Zargabaath)
      I know, I was just messing, I think this is more appropriate for the both of us :lol:
      I wouldn't even call it conservatism/liberalism per se - I just like policies that make sense. So, even though I might be described as a fiscal conservative (loathe as I am to being called any kind of conservative), I think the people who go by that name in, say, America are quite mistaken. They believe the way to deal with a 2007/08-style recession is to cut spending to the bone because they don't think there's any great difference between government and household spending. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jape)
      Right is Right. Get aboard the train.
      Right is wrong and wrong is right

ReputationRep:
      The DM is leftist, the fact that anyone considers those half-assed amateurs right shows just how far left we've gone.
      What...... I am quite sure that DM is rightist. They support the Conservatives and they make loads of immigrant and muslim scare stories. Sure they may have made one or two critisisms about right wing canditates and political groups but they are predominantly right.

Remember the Red Ed articles?
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...FREY-LEVY.html

ReputationRep:
      What...... I am quite sure that DM is rightist. They support the Conservatives and they make loads of immigrant and muslim scare stories. Sure they may have made one or two critisisms about right wing canditates and political groups but they are predominantly right.

Remember the Red Ed articles?
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...FREY-LEVY.html
      The Conservative party is so left-wing it's unreal.

ReputationRep:
      because libertarianism, nationalism and alt right"ism" are all reasonable positions to adhere to, surely? dictation is bad, globalism (not "globalisation") is practically the same thing as authoritarianism,and SJW-ism is honestly the equivalent of being the "edgy" reverse-KKK for hipsters.

ReputationRep:
      The Conservative party is so left-wing it's unreal.
      Well please lecture me in what it means to be a righty and tell me why the conservatives are left wing.

ReputationRep:
      Well please lecture me in what it means to be a righty and tell me why the conservatives are left wing.
      Abolish the NHS, abolish state education, legalise guns, legalise private armies. Zero control of immigration. Castle doctrine.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jape)
      I think there's a lot of truth to that. It's not difficult to forget that you're in a minority school of thought as a right-winger, and I suppose that compels you to speak up as much as possible when you can. The relative anonymity of TSR makes a great deal of people feel more comfortable doing so than they otherwise might face-to-face.
      its a cliche. If you're not left wing when your young then you don't have a heart. If you're not right wing when your old, you don't have a brain. I disagree with it completely. If you're right wing, then you don't have a heart or brain

Spoiler:
      Show

it's a joke, don't get offended

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hydeman)
      I wouldn't even call it conservatism/liberalism per se - I just like policies that make sense. So, even though I might be described as a fiscal conservative (loathe as I am to being called any kind of conservative), I think the people who go by that name in, say, America are quite mistaken. They believe the way to deal with a 2007/08-style recession is to cut spending to the bone because they don't think there's any great difference between government and household spending. :facepalm:
      The american style of fiscal conservatism contradicts liberal social policies by hurting the poor and benefiting the rich. Especially concerning deregulation.

ReputationRep:
      Abolish the NHS, abolish state education, legalise guns, legalise private armies. Zero control of immigration.
      Ok... did you know that other policies are right wing? Or are you those kind of people who argue that only people who agree with your opinions are right/left wing?

I don't think you realise that there are other policies (some of which are supported by the conservatives) which are right wing.

Additionally your opinion about zero control of immigration isn't really that right wing.

Just because you don't agree with an opinion doesn't mean that it is not a righty opinion.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sleepysnooze)
      because libertarianism, nationalism and alt right"ism" are all reasonable positions to adhere to, surely? dictation is bad, globalism (not "globalisation" is practically the same thing as authoritarianism,and SJW-ism is honestly the equivalent of being the "edgy" reverse-KKK for hipsters.
      Your argument is fallacious. It's also like suggesting that being left wing is good on the basis that fascism is bad. You're and epitome of popular internet culture in recent years has led to mindless half witted right wingers that make fallacious statements and have created a safe space of lies.

ReputationRep:
      Abolish the NHS, abolish state education, legalise guns, legalise private armies. Zero control of immigration. Castle doctrine.
      Our country has let in immigrants and yet you stand to get rid of britishness. go back to wherever you're from if you want to enforce your backward ideology on us.

ReputationRep:
      What's so hilariously ironic about this thread is that the quoted responses in the OP are exactly the kind of idiotic holier-than-thou responses that make people pissed off with the left and turn to the right.

Calling all right wingers narcissists? Or idiots? Way to go guys, especially from senior voices on TSR.

ReputationRep:
      Your post is a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by thatswrong.)
      Your argument is fallacious. It's also like suggesting that being left wing is good on the basis that fascism is bad.
      you can have left wing fascism, pumpkin.
      the opposite of libertarianism is authoritarianism. that's just a fact. screw me. if you're libertarian, you don't think like an authoritarian. if you're an authoritarian, you think of government as your playground and you won't care about the cost to freedom. that's why it's so polar. you can't just say "ohh I only care about it here but not there" - libertarianism isn't like that. if you're like <that, you're an authoritarian, because you desire authority and you only like liberty when it suits you. libertarianism, hence, is a rejection of that clear "government is my toy" ethic. it's very clear cut like that.

You're and epitome of popular internet culture in recent years has led to mindless half witted right wingers that make fallacious statements and have created a safe space of lies.
      you know, the opposite of being a globalist or an SJW isn't being a right winger. do you think sargon is a right winger? do you think shoeonhead is a right winger? do you think chrisraygun is a right winger? um...no. don't generalise.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.