Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Worst aspects of the far right: bitterness, anger, ignorance, bigotry

Worst aspects of the far left: bitterness, anger, ignorance, bigotry

At their absolute worst, they are one and the same...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    you can have left wing fascism, pumpkin.
    the opposite of libertarianism is authoritarianism. that's just a fact. screw me. if you're libertarian, you don't think like an authoritarian. if you're an authoritarian, you think of government as your playground and you won't care about the cost to freedom. that's why it's so polar. you can't just say "ohh I only care about it here but not there" - libertarianism isn't like that. if you're like <that, you're an authoritarian, because you desire authority and you only like liberty when it suits you. libertarianism, hence, is a rejection of that clear "government is my toy" ethic. it's very clear cut like that.

you know, the opposite of being a globalist or an SJW isn't being a right winger. do you think sargon is a right winger? do you think shoeonhead is a right winger? do you think chrisraygun is a right winger? um...no. don't generalise.
    Your argument is fallacious, saying that these ideologies are good is like a defence mechanism, whereby you only choose to believe in a view to stop something else without justifying the view itself.

Also do try to be concise. Youre a known poster for engulfing people with paragraphs on the internet, boring them and making them give up on arguing with you. You may have a lot of time but others here are smart people who have some hope in life and education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    OP
    Because this is the only place right wing kids can spout off without being social outcasts, and the rest of us got bored/fed up and moved on :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatswrong.)
    Your argument is fallacious, saying that these ideologies are good is like a defence mechanism, whereby you only choose to believe in a view to stop something else without justifying the view itself.
    so...you want me to justify....freedom.

Also do try to be concise. Youre a known poster for engulfing people with paragraphs on the internet, boring them and making them give up on arguing with you. You may have a lot of time but others here are smart people who have some hope in life and education.
    wow, was that an attempt at an insult? you sound like a ****ing grandma don't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Because this is the only place right wing kids can spout off without being social outcasts, and the rest of us got bored/fed up and moved on :sadnod:
    ^proof that TSR mods are like this, folks.
    (mods, support team, same thing)

ReputationRep:
    Like what? :p: Left wing and blunt?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    If it puts your mind at ease, there are a range of political views in the staff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Like what? :p: Left wing and blunt?
    just left wing, liberal, SJW etc - everything that is a formula for somebody that will flag you for simply expressing your opinions that they don't agree with or like. you know how it is. I even got flagged the other day for "offending potential homeless people"...on the student room. I **** you not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    If it puts your mind at ease, there are a range of political views in the staff.
    I'm yet to see proof of that tbh
    a right wing mod would be like a 4 leaf clover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    that's what it's poking fun at, people think they're special for not totally aligning with one side of the spectrum when really it's very common
    oh

ReputationRep:
    so...you want me to justify....freedom.
    Again, another fallacy. You're suggesting that only people that believe in your specific ideology also believe in freedom. But i dont want you to justify anything, I just wanted to demonstrate how your justification for the aforementioned views was fallacious and you're an epitome of the type of right wingers OP and Captain haddock were referring to. Thank you for playing sheep.

wow, was that an attempt at an insult? you sound like a ****ing grandma don't you?
    It wasn't an insult at all mate. Don't get defensive, im just pointing out another tactic right wing internet arguers use. But yes, I do think you're suffering from far too much free time. People here go to top unis and you go Exeter doing a BA. It shouldnt be surprising that inundating people with paragraphs while they have some real work to do will ultimately lead you to earn a sense of satisfaction you so desperately need.

At least you're better than our good buddy Dodgypirate here. He went open uni, explains why he's got the time!

ReputationRep:
    Because you keep redpilling em'.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'm yet to see proof of that tbh
    a right wing mod would be like a 4 leaf clover.
    If memory serves me correctly, we have people who support Labour, Green, Lib Dem, Conservative, UKIP as their political party of choice on the team.

Just because you may not have seen them doesn't mean a blanket statement at all of the staff is either relevant or factual, but there you go.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    Abolish the NHS, abolish state education, legalise guns, legalise private armies. Zero control of immigration. Castle doctrine.
    Which one of these do you support?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    Which one of these do you support?
    All of them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    All of them.
    Literally Hitler.

Not sure I agree with abolishing state education even though I am very right wing. Every child needs basic education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    If memory serves me correctly, we have people who support Labour, Green, Lib Dem, Conservative, UKIP as their political party of choice on the team.

Just because you may not have seen them doesn't mean a blanket statement at all of the staff is either relevant or factual, but there you go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatswrong.)
    Again, another fallacy. You're suggesting that only people that believe in your specific ideology also believe in freedom. But i dont want you to justify anything, I just wanted to demonstrate how your justification for the aforementioned views was fallacious and you're an epitome of the type of right wingers OP and Captain haddock were referring to. Thank you for playing sheep.
    ooh say fallacious again
    and only libertarians genuinely believe in freedom for freedom's or morality's sake. non-libertarians support it for pragmatic or fickle reasons relating to themselves. libertarianism isn't just freedom to one, it's freedom for all. anything other than libertarianism is "freedom only when it suits me" - an inconsistent, shadow belief in liberty

It wasn't an insult at all mate. Don't get defensive,
    too right it wasn't, that was pathetic

im just pointing out another tactic right wing internet arguers use. But yes, I do think you're suffering from far too much free time. People here go to top unis and you go Exeter doing a BA. It shouldnt be surprising that inundating people with paragraphs while they have some real work to do will ultimately lead you to earn a sense of satisfaction you so desperately need.
    ...why stalk me though?

At least you're better than our good buddy Dodgypirate here. He went open uni, explains why he's got the time!
    oh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    Literally Hitler.

Not sure I agree with abolishing state education even though I am very right wing. Every child needs basic education.
    Hitler's rhetoric on Jewish people was basically identical to the rhetoric of the ANC on White people, they stole our history, they have all the money blahblahblah. Hitler was a progressive who also happened to be racist.

(Original post by StrawbAri)
    I can think of a couple of people that are actually intelligent and don't take life too seriously on this forum. Some of these people are ready to beef you for years because you disagreed with them on one thing :lol:
    Quantex Hydeman WBZ144, rakas and Foo.mp3 (Depending) for example

Also you OP 🤔
    Thanks, but I don't think I belong in the same category as those guys when it comes to debating or knowing my stuff...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.