Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have had a quick whizz through other peoples questions on here to see if any of them could help me before posting my own, but it seems as though everybody has their own individual needs and they don't always cross over to someone else's problem.
    I am in full time work, I'm 32 and looking at doing a undergrad Physics degree essentially. I have just sent of my details for a government loan to help with fees. I have just received a letter asking for my passport which is fine. However....it states that 'we need your passport as this will help us decide what you're entitled to'
    I presumed applying for help was that I was going to get 100% towards the cost of the course? Was this wrong of me to presume this? I've always lived in England etc and fall into all their criteria......will their be a chance that I could be refused the loan completely or that they will pay half for example? It never really crossed my mind:-s

Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated
    Lee
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ultrarunnerlee)
    I have had a quick whizz through other peoples questions on here to see if any of them could help me before posting my own, but it seems as though everybody has their own individual needs and they don't always cross over to someone else's problem.
    I am in full time work, I'm 32 and looking at doing a undergrad Physics degree essentially. I have just sent of my details for a government loan to help with fees. I have just received a letter asking for my passport which is fine. However....it states that 'we need your passport as this will help us decide what you're entitled to'
    I presumed applying for help was that I was going to get 100% towards the cost of the course? Was this wrong of me to presume this? I've always lived in England etc and fall into all their criteria......will their be a chance that I could be refused the loan completely or that they will pay half for example? It never really crossed my mind:-s

Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated
    Lee
    Part time tuition fee loans aren't income assessed - http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1617/pt/s...ide_1617_d.pdf

The passport is to check your citizenship/residency meets the rules for a loan. As long as your course meets the intensity rules and is at an approved provider then you'll get a loan to cover the tuition fees up to the annual maximum.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too daft, well at least I don't think I am, but for whatever reason i've found the application process about as clear as mud. Plus you can only contact the student fees place by letter which is annoying.
    However, thank you PQ for your reply. That's good news and much appreciated :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.