Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There doesn't seem to be any related posts since 2014. I thought I'd start a thread for this year's applications! I've applied to Cardiff University. We should hear within the next 10 days whether we've got to interview stage?
    Anyone else applied and what experience do you have?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Have you tied the postgrad forum? I'm going to move this thread there as well so hopefully you'll connect with more people there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Have you tied the postgrad forum? I'm going to move this thread there as well so hopefully you'll connect with more people there
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to UCL. Waiting to hear back for the interviews now. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foxdrop)
    I have applied to UCL. Waiting to hear back for the interviews now. Fingers crossed!
    Good luck! The wait is killing me, i've got an interview for the Neuroimaging MSc at Cardiff! Just going to cross everything for the PhD as that's what i really want so badly What experience do you have ? Do you know when you'll likely hear from UCL? From looking at the other threads, i should hear if i get an interview between 15th-19th ! Let me know if you get an interview!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Kings, UCL, Bristol and Cardiff . I applied last year and had an interview for UCL but was unsuccessful at that stage. I jump every time I get an email!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green90)
    I've applied to Kings, UCL, Bristol and Cardiff . I applied last year and had an interview for UCL but was unsuccessful at that stage. I jump every time I get an email!
    same here! it's even worse now, knowing that Cardiff should be sending emails anytime from tomorrow onwards! Did you apply to Cardiff last year?

ReputationRep:
    This is my first year applying to Cardiff! Fingers crossed 🤞

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys get an interview?

ReputationRep:
    No email unfortunately. You?

ReputationRep:
    No i didn't I actually had a personal email from the director of the course as he's my supervisor to let me know competition was really high this year and i didn't get an interview and that i should definitely apply to a 3 year PhD

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied to any other medical related phds? I'm still waiting to hear back too....

ReputationRep:
    I actually had it the other way round where I applied for a 3 year PhD and didn't get it, but the professor who interviewed me said to apply for the Integrative Neuroscience programme and I got an interview I also applied for the MRC CNGG programme at Cardiff, but not applied anywhere else.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.