The Student Room Group

Do I have to pay my maintence/tuition loan if I leave uni ?

I've been looking on other threads about this matter and I can never get a definite answer
Long story short I'm considering dropping out of uni but what does that mean for my finances ?
Let's say I leave after I've done my January exams ; will I have to start paying back my maintence loan and tuition fee loan straight away or will I just have to pay it back when I'm earning over 21k ?!
All funding you've had from previous terms is paid back in the normal way. So lets say you're a first year, your first term tuition and maintenance are paid back in the usual way.
Any funding you've had for this term (Eg maintenance loans) student finance will demand back and if you can't pay it you'll have to set up a repayment plan with them
Reply 2
Original post by Jackieox
All funding you've had from previous terms is paid back in the normal way. So lets say you're a first year, your first term tuition and maintenance are paid back in the usual way.
Any funding you've had for this term (Eg maintenance loans) student finance will demand back and if you can't pay it you'll have to set up a repayment plan with them

Ok thanks that is what I was thinking before but wasn't entirely sure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending