Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Something I wanted to do for a while, what is the smoothest route towards becoming a dental nurse and landing a trainee job. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndreaIsCool)
    Something I wanted to do for a while, what is the smoothest route towards becoming a dental nurse and landing a trainee job. Thanks!
    NEBDN are the main examining body for dental nurses in the uk therefore you should look for colleges that are accredited, the one i know about first hand is a company called 'harriet ellis' because of my friend they have an online portal and seminars you can attend but their unique selling point has to be the fact that they helped her find a job so she was earning money as a dental trainee nurse and studying too. Good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    Talk about lofty career ambitions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    Talk about lofty career ambitions...
    Talk about rude!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndreaIsCool)
    I would just apply for a trainee dental nurse job if I were you, they'll sort you out with their own training provider and you can't really do the qualification without working in surgery. I'm not sure where you are based but I have heard trainee jobs are hard to find in and around London for some reason. However, if possible, I would consider moving to the South West... practices are crying out for dental nurses down here and I see at least 1 new job ad every day for a trainee nurse in Devon/Somerset/Dorset, mostly corporate I'm afraid but occasionally the odd independent job comes up.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.