Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys

Have any of you ever been contacted by OH assist whilst going through the pre-employment checks for HMRC? I ticked the box for anxiety/depression on the health declaration form which has resulted in a telephone appointment. I'm not particularly worried, just wondered what types of questions would be asked?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Not HMRC, but I had a telephone call with OH Assist whilst I was going through the pre-employment checks for DWP - also for anxiety and depression (and anorexia).

It was very informal - the nurse asked me when I was diagnosed, about the treatment I'd had, therapy, medication, whether I'd been in hospital for it, how I was doing now, how I cope, things like that. The general kind of 'standard' assessment questions, but nothing very intense. They might then go into more detail about whether there's any additional help you might need at work, so it might be worth thinking about that if you do have any concerns, but it might not be necessary for you anyway.

All pretty informal and friendly though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv1204)
    Not HMRC, but I had a telephone call with OH Assist whilst I was going through the pre-employment checks for DWP - also for anxiety and depression (and anorexia).

It was very informal - the nurse asked me when I was diagnosed, about the treatment I'd had, therapy, medication, whether I'd been in hospital for it, how I was doing now, how I cope, things like that. The general kind of 'standard' assessment questions, but nothing very intense. They might then go into more detail about whether there's any additional help you might need at work, so it might be worth thinking about that if you do have any concerns, but it might not be necessary for you anyway.

All pretty informal and friendly though.
    Aw thank you so much! That's really put my mind at ease. I'm doing much better at present, so I'm hoping to come off the anti-depressants sometime in the near future!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how civil service carries out pre employment checks such as references. -Do they contact the employer given, or do they do a NI check?
    -How does the NI check work if one did work experience?
    -Can my GP send off my medical report electronically?
    -How do I receive my DBS certificate after applying online?

Thanks x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.