Saramayx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi Guys

Have any of you ever been contacted by OH assist whilst going through the pre-employment checks for HMRC? I ticked the box for anxiety/depression on the health declaration form which has resulted in a telephone appointment. I'm not particularly worried, just wondered what types of questions would be asked?

Thanks!
Liv1204
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not HMRC, but I had a telephone call with OH Assist whilst I was going through the pre-employment checks for DWP - also for anxiety and depression (and anorexia).

It was very informal - the nurse asked me when I was diagnosed, about the treatment I'd had, therapy, medication, whether I'd been in hospital for it, how I was doing now, how I cope, things like that. The general kind of 'standard' assessment questions, but nothing very intense. They might then go into more detail about whether there's any additional help you might need at work, so it might be worth thinking about that if you do have any concerns, but it might not be necessary for you anyway.

All pretty informal and friendly though.
Saramayx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Liv1204)
Not HMRC, but I had a telephone call with OH Assist whilst I was going through the pre-employment checks for DWP - also for anxiety and depression (and anorexia).

It was very informal - the nurse asked me when I was diagnosed, about the treatment I'd had, therapy, medication, whether I'd been in hospital for it, how I was doing now, how I cope, things like that. The general kind of 'standard' assessment questions, but nothing very intense. They might then go into more detail about whether there's any additional help you might need at work, so it might be worth thinking about that if you do have any concerns, but it might not be necessary for you anyway.

All pretty informal and friendly though.
Aw thank you so much! That's really put my mind at ease. I'm doing much better at present, so I'm hoping to come off the anti-depressants sometime in the near future!
Troy1992
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone know how civil service carries out pre employment checks such as references. -Do they contact the employer given, or do they do a NI check?
-How does the NI check work if one did work experience?
-Can my GP send off my medical report electronically?
-How do I receive my DBS certificate after applying online?

Thanks x
Shire11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can someone please tell me what is HMRC letter employment agency is asking me to get it
dsm417
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Troy1992)
Does anyone know how civil service carries out pre employment checks such as references. -Do they contact the employer given, or do they do a NI check?
-Can my GP send off my medical report electronically?
-How do I receive my DBS certificate after applying online?

Thanks x
I've gone through the checks twice now, first time they didn't contact my old employer, second time I'm pretty sure they did! Same with my personal references, weren't contacted the first time but were the second.

I'm not sure about the middle two questions I'm afraid, I would presume they'd be able to send off the report electronically but not basing that on any knowledge!

You will receive the DBS certificate through the post.
OnceUponAStudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Troy1992)
They are required to establish your employment history matches what you told them as part of BPSS. They can do that however they want. They can but is not required to get employment references from current or previous employers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (513)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (311)
20.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.54%

Watched Threads