Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I'm so upset at the moment. I've had to fund my Access course privately while waiting for my student finance to come through. I'm a New Zealand passport holder. I've just heard today that even though I've been in the UK for 39 years I have been refused my Advanced Learners Loan as I let my Right of Abode expire and can't prove my status for the last 3 years. I just didn't think I needed to renew it, nothing malicious about it. They're expensive and I didn't plan on leaving the country, I've just worked hard. As I can't prove my status my finance has been refused. I have sent a load of tax documents to them to prove I've been working as I was told it could be reassessed on a case by case basis but there's no guarantee they'll change their minds.

Has anyone any ideas on what I could do or have experience of this?

Thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi, We appreciate that your Right of Abode expired and was not renewed and due to this you have been refused funding. Although you have advised that you have sent tax documents, in order fro us to reconsider we would require a Certificate of Entitlement which would need to be applied for and then provided to us to reconsider you application for funding. The link providing details of the Certificate of Entitlement and how to apply for this. https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/ap...of-entitlement . Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.