Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It must be me; noone likes me, I'm starting to hate myself Watch

Basically; none of my friends really keep in touch. I could quite easily not message them and they'll be none the wiser, won't even realise or get in touch themselves.
    My family, I feel constantly put down with them, have to always watch what I say (because someone has been through a really tough and rough time), I feel as though I have to walk on tiptoes (not literally) and noone really cares about 'me' as a person.
    I feel ignored. Noone remembers me, noone wants to talk to me, noone remembers anything I say.
    I'm really not over-reacting. This has been the case with every single person in my life.

So I've concluded it's probably me. I'm probably not a nice person, not someone any wants to talk to, not someone that people genuinely care about. I must have such a rubbish personality. I must be really boring. I must be really selfish.
    It really hurts though, to be ignored, to be all alone. I can rightly say that noone would actually miss 'me' as a person, if I were to disappear from their lives.

I don't know what the point of this post is. But yeah, it has me really upset lately and I suppose I just wanted to get it out somewhere. I'm beginning to hate myself :/

In short; no friends or family like me. Wo it must be something about me that they dislike. Idk what but it's getting to me. Now I'm starting to dislike myself.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand how you feel because i was in that situation a few months ago, but saying stuff like " I must have such a rubbish personality. I must be really boring. I must be really selfish" wont help. Look at it from this way, if those friends didn't manage to ask of whats wrong, or generally care about how your day has been and just talk....can you really consider them being as friends? sometimes its better to be alone for a bit than hang around people who have 0 interest in you. Speaking of which i would suggest you joining clubs (sounds cliche) but it really does help. You probably think its stupid but YOU DO meet new people and and make friends, who knows maybe that would be the start of something new or perhaps a new soulmate. When people say "im boring this this and that" ....it really makes me sad because think of it.. boring FOR WHO? for those people that you hang around with? Because they are just missing a great person which im sure you are. None of us are angels, so i cant say you havent done anything bad nether of all of us, we all make mistakes but it doesn't make us horrible people!! We learn from it and get better! SO HEADS UP, and go and explore you local area for some clubs. MY SUGGESTION would also be "Duke of Edinburgh" award. Ive met some great people there and had ots of fun (says the person who is introvert and find i difficult meeting new people anyway) so dont fill your head with that ******** of "im not good enough" its just those people arent good enough for you!!!

ReputationRep:
    Also, you can try finding a hobby or a passion of yours. Weather its dancing, reading, swimming or anything really. Because if you start doing what you love, you will attract people within that circle and not only you'll spend time doing something you enjoy while getting your head off the negative stuff, you'll meet people with same interests as you which will make it easier to make new friends and connections which I'M SURE YOU WILL

(Original post by s_katia_s)
    I can understand how you feel because i was in that situation a few months ago, but saying stuff like " I must have such a rubbish personality. I must be really boring. I must be really selfish" wont help. Look at it from this way, if those friends didn't manage to ask of whats wrong, or generally care about how your day has been and just talk....can you really consider them being as friends? sometimes its better to be alone for a bit than hang around people who have 0 interest in you. Speaking of which i would suggest you joining clubs (sounds cliche) but it really does help. You probably think its stupid but YOU DO meet new people and and make friends, who knows maybe that would be the start of something new or perhaps a new soulmate. When people say "im boring this this and that" ....it really makes me sad because think of it.. boring FOR WHO? for those people that you hang around with? Because they are just missing a great person which im sure you are. None of us are angels, so i cant say you havent done anything bad nether of all of us, we all make mistakes but it doesn't make us horrible people!! We learn from it and get better! SO HEADS UP, and go and explore you local area for some clubs. MY SUGGESTION would also be "Duke of Edinburgh" award. Ive met some great people there and had ots of fun (says the person who is introvert and find i difficult meeting new people anyway) so dont fill your head with that ******** of "im not good enough" its just those people arent good enough for you!!!

(Original post by s_katia_s)
    Also, you can try finding a hobby or a passion of yours. Weather its dancing, reading, swimming or anything really. Because if you start doing what you love, you will attract people within that circle and not only you'll spend time doing something you enjoy while getting your head off the negative stuff, you'll meet people with same interests as you which will make it easier to make new friends and connections which I'M SURE YOU WILL
    I already consider myself friendless. I'm always the first to contact them and this time round, i decided that I wouldn't contact them first. I've genuinely tried to meet people with the same inteeests but I can't think of anything that might make them not want to keep in touch with me except my personality. Frineds don't really take into account looks, right? I'm not the most gorgeous person and i wouldnt even call myself pretty, but I'm not that ugly that I'd scare people away. I don't think i give off a bad smell. What else could it be?
    I'm naturally shy at the beginning but now I'm good at hiding that too. I'm okay with making convos. And i can be a laugh if I'm with the right person.
    I don't know what to do. Everyone says be yourself but being myself is clearly not working.
    What sort of things would make a person want to be long term friends with you. .. idek anymore :/

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

You know I felt exactly like that a few months back? My best friend was out of country and my holidays were going on. I had no internet and my family is not that motivating either. For a few weeks I went into a really dark place. I didn't do anything, no self harm or stupid stunts. Physically and looks wise I was doing good. But sometimes my mind would just go off track wondering how worthless I am, fat shaming myself and feeling exactly like you are. The girl "who wasn't interesting enough", " who wasn't kind enough", "who wasn't pretty enough" etc.

In the beginning I thought it was the society's fault to expect these of me. It wasn't. It was mine. Why did I want to fit in those categories?

You say that the people around you have 0 interest in you. Then leave them. They give 0 ****s, then you treat them like they treat you. I'm not saying you to abandon them but try to distance yourself from your so called "friends".

Concerning your family, distance yourself from them too. But only if you feel they're not worthy of your love. Mind you, I'm not saying you to be a heartless person, help people whenever you can and try to enjoy every moment, enjoy the attention when you get it.

The problem with people like us is that we always care about what people think. That other loved ones expect from us. The best solution is to change the way we think.

I have taken the same step, I don't know what I'm doing or what the end result will be like, heck I don't even know how I'm passing the days without any aim. But I can assure you that time is a great healer. But don't go through this alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.