Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vote your favourite logo design for me... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedHB)
    Yikes! Logo one looked better before. :confused:
    omd ! lol cant please anyone. everyones asked be to do this and that and i have lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exavior)
    It is definetly between 1 and 3 for my preference. I dont know what it is about 2 but something just makes me not like it as much as the others. If I had to choose I would say 1 as it is unusual compared wih the others and its very clean and sleek looking. I like 3 also but it is just writing so I would probably go with someone thing which would stabd out like 1.
    (Original post by M8aTTi)
    1 looks simplest and most professional
    It is definetly between 1 and 3 for my preference. I dont know what it is about 2 but something just makes me not like it as much as the others. If I had to choose I would say 1 as it is unusual compared wih the others and its very clean and sleek looking. I like 3 also but it is just writing so I would probably go with someone thing which would stabd out like 1.
    THis was before tou modifications but I would still pick 1 after yur modifications
    Thankyou. Everyone picked 1. please see the modifications and vote again. Thank tou for your feedback tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minionzzz)
    Not sure if you've all seen the new amended designs, please comment and evaluate and suggest any things for these.
    Of the new ones 1 and 2 still look best. 3 seems repetitive if you have a Z and the name while 4 looks way too busy. The angles of the squares interact with the text too much and made it harder to read.

You mentioned about using your logo and a banner and profile picture. None of these will likely work for that purpose. A profile picture is generally quite square while a banner will be longer so you'll need to address that unless you intend to have a lot of white space on the banner.

Have you also considerd asking someone for help in designing? You mentioned that you are using PowerPoint which really isn't a good tool for design. I'm sure someone on TSR would be willing to design a logo for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry293)
    I think that (1) looks good as it is now. What I meant about a more modern font was using something such as Malgun Gothic (...or something similar) but thinking about it more it might not really look good. One very minor thing is that it looks as if the diamond in the centre is not quite in the centre. I would have thought you would have needed to move one of the smaller diamonds on either side either closer or further away.
    I didnt notice that but thank you for spotting it for me. i will fix that now thanks.

In these new modifications i still kind of like the newest 1 and 3 design. i'm still quite uncertain. i'm not usre if it looks more better and professional with just the Z in the middle with my name underneath or with my name across the middle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Of the new ones 1 and 2 still look best. 3 seems repetitive if you have a Z and the name while 4 looks way too busy. The angles of the squares interact with the text too much and made it harder to read.

You mentioned about using your logo and a banner and profile picture. None of these will likely work for that purpose. A profile picture is generally quite square while a banner will be longer so you'll need to address that unless you intend to have a lot of white space on the banner.
    Thank you. i don't think you've seen the latest latest modifications, i've put the picture below again. please tell me what you think is the best out of these.

Also, what i meant, is that i want to use it as a profile picture because it'll obviously be my identity. and i want to use it WITHIN my banner, i am going to design a different banner, my idea is still in progress, but i'm thinking of having my logo in the middle with edited pictures around it which involve beads, jewellery, clothes, fabrics etc. stuff that reflect my products and store.

Name:  Picture1.png
Views: 19
Size:  81.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)

Have you also considerd asking someone for help in designing? You mentioned that you are using PowerPoint which really isn't a good tool for design. I'm sure someone on TSR would be willing to design a logo for you.
    sorry, i didnt read the end bit, but i dont want to pay someone to design it for me. it my thing, its all about me, it's my store so i feel like it's better if i do everything too if you get what i mean. and i know powerpoint isnt the best software for this but if you have read the previous commments i am just quickly using it to quickly draft out ideas and stuff before i create a better version of the final selected design in photoshop. but i dont think that really matters anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. i don't think you've seen the latest latest modifications, i've put the picture below again. please tell me what you think is the best out of these.

Also, what i meant, is that i want to use it as a profile picture because it'll obviously be my identity. and i want to use it WITHIN my banner, i am going to design a different banner, my idea is still in progress, but i'm thinking of having my logo in the middle with edited pictures around it which involve beads, jewellery, clothes, fabrics etc. stuff that reflect my products and store.

Are 1 and 2 not basically the same as 3 and 4 from last time?

The font on 3 is horrible, I'm guessing it's the previous font but in bold.

Be careful with the banner that your design doesn't get lost within the images. You'll need to leave white space, add some sort of background or be very mindful of which images are placed to ensure the logo is visible on the banner.

sorry, i didnt read the end bit, but i dont want to pay someone to design it for me. it my thing, its all about me, it's my store so i feel like it's better if i do everything too if you get what i mean. and i know powerpoint isnt the best software for this but if you have read the previous commments i am just quickly using it to quickly draft out ideas and stuff before i create a better version of the final selected design in photoshop. but i dont think that really matters anyway.

I doubt you'd have to pay, I'm sure someone would mock some stuff up for free. I totally approve and understand trying to do everything yourself but at the same time if you want to look professional you'll get a better finsh from someone who has done a course in graphic design. If you want to do it all yourself and professionally you need to look at some graphic design books and materials to get an idea of what is good and what isn't.

The difference between PowerPoint and Photoshop matters massively. You have much more control over things in Photoshop and in general can do a lot more to the designs. It doesn't take any longer to make designs in Photoshop compared to PowerPoint so you might as well use it if it's available. Simple things like testing different colour schemes, testing monochrome and so on are better in proper software.

That said if you have access to it use Illustrator instead. It's imo far better for graphic design work like this. In 2 years of graphic design work at college all my work was done on Illustrator. Didn't touch PhotoShop once.

ReputationRep:

Of these designs, I'd say I prefer the first two because the third font doesn't seem to complement the design as well as the previous two. I suppose this view is rather subjective as you could argue that the bold font makes the title stand out more.
    Personally, the font on the second one seems too faded and not that clear on the background it is on. I therefore prefer the first logo. However, I quite like the lines you had on either side of the diamonds because I thought it added to the overall sophistication of thw design and is also a nice link to the text.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)

Be careful with the banner that your design doesn't get lost within the images. You'll need to leave white space, add some sort of background or be very mindful of which images are placed to ensure the logo is visible on the banner.

I doubt you'd have to pay, I'm sure someone would mock some stuff up for free. I totally approve and understand trying to do everything yourself but at the same time if you want to look professional you'll get a better finsh from someone who has done a course in graphic design. If you want to do it all yourself and professionally you need to look at some graphic design books and materials to get an idea of what is good and what isn't.

The difference between PowerPoint and Photoshop matters massively. You have much more control over things in Photoshop and in general can do a lot more to the designs. It doesn't take any longer to make designs in Photoshop compared to PowerPoint so you might as well use it if it's available. Simple things like testing different colour schemes, testing monochrome and so on are better in proper software.

That said if you have access to it use Illustrator instead. It's imo far better for graphic design work like this. In 2 years of graphic design work at college all my work was done on Illustrator. Didn't touch PhotoShop once.
    ok, thank for the advice, that not what i was looking for, i dont care of the software i use right now either, i just want a design picked out for now and im ok with making it in whatever way i want, i may use photoshop but i think i might draw it out, i've done that before and i know what i'm doing too. but thanks for helping. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Of these designs, I'd say I prefer the first two because the third font doesn't seem to complement the design as well as the previous two. I suppose this view is rather subjective as you could argue that the bold font makes the title stand out more.
    Personally, the font on the second one seems too faded and not that clear on the background it is on. I therefore prefer the first logo. However, I quite like the lines you had on either side of the diamonds because I thought it added to the overall sophistication of thw design and is also a nice link to the text.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    ok thank you. i did quite like the designs too, i didnt realise but the font on the 3rd one hasnt come out right at all, but when i made it it looked differenet to when i saved it as a picture., i have played around with the designs more and now i am down to 2 designs (none of these, but maybe just altered) . i'm not sure if you want to see my final design trail? i feel like i've put out too many designs on this chat already and probably bothering you with it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)

i dont really know how to explain the banner bit, but i know what i'm doing with it and dont worry it's not gonna be jumbled up, i find it hard to explain in words but i also dont have a design laid out for it either. but you dont need to worry bout that or the software, i have that under control, it's just the logo design bothering me

ReputationRep:
    ok thank you. i did quite like the designs too, i didnt realise but the font on the 3rd one hasnt come out right at all, but when i made it it looked differenet to when i saved it as a picture., i have played around with the designs more and now i am down to 2 designs (none of these, but maybe just altered) . i'm not sure if you want to see my final design trail? i feel like i've put out too many designs on this chat already and probably bothering you with it now.
    Oh no, post away! It is your thread after all and it'd be great to see what you've come up with!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    sorry, i couldnt post the other picture properly but ive attached it to this comment.

Attachment 610024
    Definitely 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Oh no, post away! It is your thread after all and it'd be great to see what you've come up with!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Shan_non)
    Definitely 1
    These are final final design ideas (not making any more i think i've done enough). But i really like 1 and i think i might go with it. Any final suggestions or opinions anyone?

Name:  final designs.png
Views: 18
Size:  169.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    These are final final design ideas (not making any more i think i've done enough). But i really like 1 and i think i might go with it. Any final suggestions or opinions anyone?

Name:  final designs.png
Views: 18
Size:  169.7 KB
    This set looks much better overall then the first set. I like 1 the best, it looks the smartest and generally looks the most professional.

Good luck with your business!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry293)
    This set looks much better overall then the first set. I like 1 the best, it looks the smartest and generally looks the most professional.

Good luck with your business!
    yes that was my favourite too, i think i will definitely use it now. Thank you for helping me develop my ideas.
    And also keep a look out i'll probably start another thread for more help or to promote a little lol

ReputationRep:
    I do graphic design, in case you want a more professional version of your logo

ReputationRep:
    Logo design is really tricky. Have you thought about what you want it to look like beyond "professional"? Your logo is equally as important as the name you choose. Is there a story behind the logo? Is it distinct enough? Does it say expertise/decandence/professional (whatever you want it to say)?

Here's my business logo. The full logo and the promotional outline to put on cups and other merchandise
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.