Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

stressed out with life and mental health is suffering Watch

For the last 3 weeks I've been really unwell and agitated by everybody and stressed. I attribute this to my depression and anxiety, and the fact I have not been taking my medication for about a fortnight.

I didn't stop taking it out of preference, but because I ran out and I always feel anxious going back to doctors for the prescription. I have attempted to order online via my pharmacy but its taking its time.

I've been in a constant state of agitation, and depression throughout the festive period, with occasional bouts of rage and anger showing toward loved ones.
    Financial stress, job stress, worrying about ill mother, arguments with fiancee, and been unable to escape it.

The reason this isn't in the mental health forum is because actually, my problems stem from work-related stress (that has spiralled), although depression predates my current work.

For ten months I've worked my current job out of necessity to pay bills. I've been bullied in my workplace by managers- that is toxic from the top-down.

I've emailed HR- and she said she can't help me unless I email my direct manager (whom I don't feel comfortable approaching as she is a part of the issue), or I can go to some other manager whom is arrogant. So I felt at a loss.

Fast forward to yesterday, I now have a new boss due to company restructure, whom is stricter but is kicking people into toe. It is good for me and my health perhaps, but the stress of having a new boss and uncertainty is weighing on my mind.

I'm having arguments with my partner, whom is always moaning at me for doing things wrong, for not doing things in her way. Little frustrations are turning big- probably because Im not medicated.

Top it off, I've been applying for graduate work for months and not getting anywhere.

I'm getting more and more ill, and I was supposed to go for a review to my GP of my medication. Which I forgot to book appt, and since I stopped taking I felt it was useless. I'm in counselling and that aint helping either.

I'm feeling very very low right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    For the last 3 weeks I've been really unwell and agitated by everybody and stressed. I attribute this to my depression and anxiety, and the fact I have not been taking my medication for about a fortnight.

I didn't stop taking it out of preference, but because I ran out and I always feel anxious going back to doctors for the prescription. I have attempted to order online via my pharmacy but its taking its time.

I've been in a constant state of agitation, and depression throughout the festive period, with occasional bouts of rage and anger showing toward loved ones.
    Financial stress, job stress, worrying about ill mother, arguments with fiancee, and been unable to escape it.

The reason this isn't in the mental health forum is because actually, my problems stem from work-related stress (that has spiralled), although depression predates my current work.

For ten months I've worked my current job out of necessity to pay bills. I've been bullied in my workplace by managers- that is toxic from the top-down.

I've emailed HR- and she said she can't help me unless I email my direct manager (whom I don't feel comfortable approaching as she is a part of the issue), or I can go to some other manager whom is arrogant. So I felt at a loss.

Fast forward to yesterday, I now have a new boss due to company restructure, whom is stricter but is kicking people into toe. It is good for me and my health perhaps, but the stress of having a new boss and uncertainty is weighing on my mind.

I'm having arguments with my partner, whom is always moaning at me for doing things wrong, for not doing things in her way. Little frustrations are turning big- probably because Im not medicated.

Top it off, I've been applying for graduate work for months and not getting anywhere.

I'm getting more and more ill, and I was supposed to go for a review to my GP of my medication. Which I forgot to book appt, and since I stopped taking I felt it was useless. I'm in counselling and that aint helping either.

I'm feeling very very low right now.
    You need to accept that one way or another the first step in tackling this is making an appointment to see your GP and initially getting another prescription to stabilise yourself. Make sure you explain everything/be as open as possible about everything when you see your GP.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.