Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Threesome proposal from gf... Watch

Hello everyone,

I've been with this girl for about 3 and half years now. Met in uni, got pretty serious, we really love each other and looking to take things the long way(marriage, kids, house e.t.c). we've had normal up and downs like every couple but not to the point of going off and sleeping with someone else as I am aware of. The sex is great and we are currently long distance about hr and half away but see each other often during weekends.

Lately, she hinted about threesome with another girl after we had sex. She knows that i have not had one but its not really a fantasy of mine(not that i wont mind) but its not on my to do list but she said she wouldn't mind only IF I wanted to have one. I told her im fine for now and im enjoying what we have atm. I later asked why she offered it because i know she easily gets jealous. She said im just doing what i have to do to secure and that I am more likely to go off elsewhere than her.

Honestly, i sensed something was not right and i said that no one is pressuring you to do it as a matter of fact. She said she knows and ''its all up to my decision''. After thinking and doing a bit of reading, i decided that I am seriously not going to have one as fantasies like that dont make relationship float and I dont need one to make me happy with her. I even said this to her and that i dont want to especially how serious we are as a couple but i am beginning to feel like the only serious one here now. I said that its making me rethink our relationship and I'm fine if she doesn't see it as serious as I do and for that I dont think I want to be with her anymore. She means a lot to me but I am a bit confused here.

P.s- if she wasn't my gf or someone that i took that serious i wont be having these considerations so make some sensible replies people. One love. Unruly rasta.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It sounds more to me like she's not sure how serious you are, hence offering you the threesome to keep you - if you were going to sleep with someone else (which you're not, but..) then she'd rather you did it with her around.

How often do you communicate when you're not together?

ReputationRep:
    It looks like she's playing games, seeing your response. If you still love her than don't leave her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTERNET-HO)
    It looks like she's playing games, seeing your response. If you still love her than don't leave her.
    After 3 years and a half?

She seems really insecure.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Conkerr)
    After 3 years and a half?

She seems really insecure.
    Just because she proposed her boyfriend a threesome doesn't mean she's insecure.

And it's easily to get bored or not as satisfied as you used to be after 3 years in a relationship.
    • Political Ambassador

I don't get how wanting to have a threesome is a reason to end the relationship? She discussed about it with you and she was mainly considering your needs, maybe she wanted to spice things up. How is that wrong?

If you had a threesome your relationship wouldn't be as serious as it was when you were having sex 1 on 1? What? That doesn't make any sense, nothing is guaranteed.

Your relationship can be strengthened and your sexual life can benefit or your relationship intimacy might be ruined, but you don't know these things unless you try. I think your gf is pretty great tbh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.