Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm so angry and upset and confused right now and nothing I do is calming me down. Today the work experience tutor told me that I need a placement by the end of the week and I can't think straight. I've contacted over 30 companies to try and get work experience for my college course and had no luck. I've been searching since October 2016. My part time job relates directly to my course and they still say it isn't allowed, even if I work unpaid. I've emailed and talked to this college so many times about how stressed and nervous i've been about this and every time they've told me it doesn't matter.

I can't pass without this placement. If I don't pass i'm not getting into university, and I know that without university my mental health is going to go right back to how it was. I'll be lost, stuck with no future and i'll have a brain so full of suicidal thoughts and stress it will explode. I don't know what to do. I'm so desperate now, i've set all my hopes on university and I can't lose it now.

I just don't know what to do anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this is helpful,

but ask your subject teachers about work placement in specific areas or your form tutor if you have one. Maybe they have contacts that may help.

Look through your friends and family connections, and look online as well

About calming down....

Use headspace, digipill or calm (on the app store) to take a few mins out to calm yourself
    Do yoga or do something you enjoy to ease your nerves
    Scream into your pillow
    make yourself a hot drink and focus your attention to your 5senses - what you see, smell, touch etc....

hope this helps

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm so angry and upset and confused right now and nothing I do is calming me down. Today the work experience tutor told me that I need a placement by the end of the week and I can't think straight. I've contacted over 30 companies to try and get work experience for my college course and had no luck. I've been searching since October 2016. My part time job relates directly to my course and they still say it isn't allowed, even if I work unpaid. I've emailed and talked to this college so many times about how stressed and nervous i've been about this and every time they've told me it doesn't matter. I can't pass without this placement. If I don't pass i'm not getting into university, and I know that without university my mental health is going to go right back to how it was. I'll be lost, stuck with no future and i'll have a brain so full of suicidal thoughts and stress it will explode. I don't know what to do. I'm so desperate now, i've set all my hopes on university and I can't lose it now. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.