Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, i need your help and advice as much as possible for anyone have done A levels. well i have done my AS very badly and i wanted to retake it alongside A2 in 5 months privately. i want to improve my grades to an A. right now im torn apart if im actually doing the right decision or not. i wanted to do biomed this october and needed at least BBB. will i be able to make it ? my subjects are chem, bio and maths. i hope you guys could help me out. thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Retaking it alongside A2 will be very difficult. I suggest you try and get higher marks at A2 to bring your AS marks up or you retake AS again. Doing both in one year will require total commitment if you want to get A's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanissha)
    hi guys, i need your help and advice as much as possible for anyone have done A levels. well i have done my AS very badly and i wanted to retake it alongside A2 in 5 months privately. i want to improve my grades to an A. right now im torn apart if im actually doing the right decision or not. i wanted to do biomed this october and needed at least BBB. will i be able to make it ? my subjects are chem, bio and maths. i hope you guys could help me out. thank you.
    i took my AS exams in the summer of 2015 and absolutely flopped. must of got something like DEE in chem bio and psych respectively. I was pretty distraught, it was crazy because of the A Level reforms. I did not want to learn a new spec from scratch. So i made the executive decision to retake all of my AS units alongside my A2's. After a years worth of constant revision. working my balls off i came out with ABC in chemistry biology and psychology respectively which was quite an achievement considering the jump in grades and the fact that i had 12 exams to do. Its definitely possible but you'll have to completely lose your social life for a year. Depends how much you want the grades really.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.