Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Blogging (or vlogging) to a Schedule? Watch

ReputationRep:
    "New posts on Mondays and Thursdays!" - a common site for some blogs and some YouTube channels; our own TSR bloggers even run to a regular schedule to keep you updated with content and information. People do it with written prose, fiction or non fiction, videos vlog or otherwise, even poetry, sketches, drawing, animations, you can set yourself 1 or 2 days a week and promise your followers that you'll post.

But do you?

And should you?

Does blogging/vlogging/producing art to a strict schedule stifle creativity? Does it force you to push out rubbish that you wouldn't otherwise post so that you can meet targets? Or does it encourage you to produce more? We all know practice makes perfect...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    My blog used to have a more free, 'post whatever, whenever' style to it... I enjoyed it, though I did occasionally become lazy and end up only posting once a month, if that.

Then I started doing weekly anime episode rankings, and for the last 5+ years that's been almost the only thing I've posted. I don't stick to a rigid 'must post on x day of the week' regime, but obviously if I fall too far behind then the next weeks episodes will all be out as well, so it tends to be every Sunday. There's only been once or twice when I've posted something that I wasn't happy with, just for the sake of getting it out of the way.

I think my biggest problem is the lack of variety - I want to go back and make posts about different things like I used to, but find I don't have the time (too busy spamming in Forum Games :ahee: ). I've mentioned giving up the weekly rankings at least twice over the last few years, only for a follower or two to request I carry on because they find them useful, so the repetitive cycle continues. It's not all bad though, it encourages me to keep up to date with 18 - 20 anime series, which is far more than I watched before I started.

ReputationRep:
    I keep trying to enforce a schedule on myself, but I keep failing miserably at it. Even when it's something as simple as "do some book reviews once a month" it just doesn't happen if I tell myself I have to.

My blog is very sporadic, there'll be nothing for months and then 6 posts in one month and then I'll disappear again. Kind of like the way that my brain works, I guess.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.