Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need some kind words to cheer me up. I am a 15 year old boy. I consider myself as having a nice nature and likable. I have this obsession with the 1970s, ALL the television programmes I watch are usually sitcoms from around the time i.e. Citizen Smith (B.B.C.), Steptoe and Son (B.B.C.), The Likely Lads (B.B.C.) e.t.c. I love all aspects of the 1970s I listen to The Beatles, I already know that when I have a place of my own it will have 70s decor.

I feel socially frustrated as I can't relate to my generation what so ever.

I have decided to let this obsession show as I am currently growing out my hair 70s style, as that is my personality.

I have this feeling that I won't be able to get a girlfriend with my personality but I have tried adopting the social norm and I find it frustrating.

Kind words to cheer me up will be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    You actually sound really cool to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    You actually sound really cool to me
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Carry on having these interests, because you seem really cool! Don't let what our generation likes get to you, it's better to be unique in your own way.

Stay true to yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaunie3)
    Carry on having these interests, because you seem really cool! Don't let what our generation likes get to you, it's better to be unique in your own way.

Stay true to yourself!
    Thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it.

I've got a friend who's into the '60s and another one who into the '50s.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.