Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will they kick me out before the year is up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Since I've joined university, as a first year student, I feel like I've gone completely off the rails, to the point of no return. It's not that I've been partying or anything, I haven't even made any friends in this city yet, but I've not been doing my work either. I've been so focused on doing overtime at my job and just ... existing, that I've fallen behind on literally every academic angle, I just look at my work and space out. Now, let me be clear, I feel like coming to uni has been a failed venture from the start, as I barely scraped through A-Levels, and when I got a place in clearance, I bit off infinitely more than I could chew. Through a spiral of feeling lost and naive, I, a person who cannot write essays to save their skin, ended up in a Law course. I love Law, and one day, I'd love to be a police officer, but I'm absolutely **** at coursework, so naturally, I've been failing since day 1. What I fear is not failing year 1 however, it's being kicked out before the academic year has even ended. My parents know I'm not the best at essays, so to fail at the end of the first year would be sad, but they'd understand, but as far as they're concerned, my attendance isn't so bad that the university would bin my ass before the year is even up. I don't know if the Uni will kick me out or not, since it feels like there is very little connection between me and my lecturers, hell, I don't even know how I'd know if they'd binned me. But as time goes on, more and more cracks are showing, as I tell them I find the work really hard, but I know that I'm irreversibly failing.

My parents are good people, but they persevered through much tougher circumstances and succeeded, they wouldn't understand if I got kicked out prematurely. With almost no work submitted and very little attendance to show for my time in halls, I'm running out of options. If I could just make it to the end of the year before failing, I'd be happy enough, but do you think they'll kick me before then? Is it better to drop out before I get kicked? If I'm going to pay thousands of pounds to fail, I'd at least like to fail with a little bit of grace y'know? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Shameless post bump because I really need advice.

ReputationRep:
    drop out before you get kicked. Go back next year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.