Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My sister is turning 18 this week! I don't know what to get her Watch

Hi,

So my beloved sister is turning 18 later on this week, and well I haven't really got her anything!

I asked her if she wanted to do a party with our extended family - however I don't really speak or get on well with them and nor does she. She too does not really like them much either as they come across slightly fake. Anyways, I am finding this difficult because I am a guy and when I turned 18 it wasn't a big deal for me.

Should I perhaps take her shopping on her birthday? What do 18 year old girls like these days?

I have one of her friends added on social media and she said that they were all planning to get her something. My sister said she was going to go to a restaurant with all her friends and I don't think she is too comfortable with me being there.

It is a shame that she was born in January as this is usually the worst time of year. Everyone is broke, school has just restarted, it gets colder and darker earlier and a lack of activities to do.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do what my brother did for me on my 18th. Buy a generic cheap white mug, use a sharpie to write 18 on it, fill it with notes along the lines of "you're so ****ing old" and "you're going to die soon"

Spoiler:
    Show

In all seriousness though, if you're that stuck for ideas, buy her a gift card or even take her out for a meal
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    Do what my brother did for me on my 18th. Buy a generic cheap white mug, use a sharpie to write 18 on it, fill it with notes along the lines of "you're so ****ing old" and "you're going to die soon"

Spoiler:
    Show
    In all seriousness though, if you're that stuff for ideas, buy her a gift card or even take her out for a meal
    He said for a sister, not for an ex :rofl:

Gift card is good though

(Original post by KaylaB)

Spoiler:
    Show

In all seriousness though, if you're that stuck for ideas, buy her a gift card or even take her out for a meal

Don't want to be that savage LOL.

No I just wanted to give her something sentimental. She doesn't want jewelry.

Do you know any good quality handbags perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    big, fat, thick, juicy..

Spoiler:
    Show

pizza

(Original post by Angry Bird)
    big, fat, thick, juicy..

Spoiler:
    Show

pizza

Na lol. Can get that everyday.

Condoms ?

ReputationRep:
    Go to a warren james, they usually have some nice svarovski stuff for fairly cheap. I once got a blue crystal necklace for 11 quid.

ReputationRep:
    The latest vibrator from lovehoney with silenced vibrations at 90000Hz that's sent in discrete packaging

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.