Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey peeps. Age 21 I will be beginning at Plymouth to do marine biology in September 2017. Enjoy a good party but not too keen on the idea of Halls with puke stains on the floor from endless clubbing. I've visited friends at uni and I don't think i'd be into all that. Are there any halls that are more low key with older students? Or is it mainly Halls = party time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwhitman)
    Hey peeps. Age 21 I will be beginning at Plymouth to do marine biology in September 2017. Enjoy a good party but not too keen on the idea of Halls with puke stains on the floor from endless clubbing. I've visited friends at uni and I don't think i'd be into all that. Are there any halls that are more low key with older students? Or is it mainly Halls = party time
    I would also like to know this about Halls. Does anyone have any insights?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwhitman)
    (Original post by Going Back)
    I would also like to know this about Halls. Does anyone have any insights?
    Hi hwhitman and Going Back,

I emailed the Residence Life team here at Plymouth to find out a little more for you both, here's what they said:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Georgia

Thanks for your message. At the moment we do not have a specific hall dedicated to mature students or students who would prefer a quieter environment, however this is something that we are talking about and so may possibly be introduced this year. When applying for halls of residence, students can indicate that they would prefer a quiet flat if possible. We ask students to give us information about their personalities when they apply – eg party person, late night owl, better in mornings, tidy, messy etc! Then we try to place students who have a good profile match together – this has worked really well over the past couple of years! We also try, if possible, to put mature students together. If the student has a large budget then they could apply to live in a studio flat and thereby avoid having to share with anyone.

If the student does not want to risk the possibility that halls accommodation may not work out well for them, I would recommend looking at a private house. We have an approved list of landlords on www.plymouthstudentpad.co.uk - these are landlords who we know, and my colleague has inspected their properties. The student would deal directly with the landlord and could ask about the other tenants before they sign a contract.

I hope this helps!

All the best

Residence Life
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps

All the best

Georgia
    Plym Uni Student Rep

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.