Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Major Maths Help- GCSE Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am seriously struggling with maths at the moment and need a very good way of exceptionally improving in it within a month, before my next mocks. I am aiming for a 7(A) by the end of the course but am at roughly a 4 or 5(C) right now. Does anyone have ideas on the best techniques of how to improve in maths? Are there certain techniques e.g exam questions or certain websites that helped you? Please do share success stories of your maths GCSE and inform me on how you got there.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this will work for you

-getting a paid tutor helps to go over certain areas outside of school
    -asking a teacher for help within class/after class is good too voice your concerns so you don't struggle when it comes to exam day
    -bitesize is good for going over things and doing those quizzes at the end of a revision model helps you tell you what you know and dont know
    -mathcentre has a bunch of question packs with lots of questions for things like surds, but it may not have everything because it's for higher level maths, but who knows, you may get lucky
    -CGP has a bunch of resources too
    -s-cool I think has some maths stuff and they really simplify it so it's really useful for going over tricky things
    - Gojimo has a free app on the app store that connects you to a tutor so you can message them and get help easily (look for the orange icon with a chevron in a speech bubble)
    -mathsgenie for past papers
    -youtube for tutorials
    -mathisfun is a good site too

I hope this helps you, Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lhoque)
    I hope this will work for you

-getting a paid tutor helps to go over certain areas outside of school
    -asking a teacher for help within class/after class is good too voice your concerns so you don't struggle when it comes to exam day
    -bitesize is good for going over things and doing those quizzes at the end of a revision model helps you tell you what you know and dont know
    -mathcentre has a bunch of question packs with lots of questions for things like surds, but it may not have everything because it's for higher level maths, but who knows, you may get lucky
    -CGP has a bunch of resources too
    -s-cool I think has some maths stuff and they really simplify it so it's really useful for going over tricky things
    - Gojimo has a free app on the app store that connects you to a tutor so you can message them and get help easily (look for the orange icon with a chevron in a speech bubble)
    -mathsgenie for past papers
    -youtube for tutorials
    -mathisfun is a good site too

I hope this helps you, Good luck
    Thankyou ever so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sneedshelp)
    Thankyou ever so much!!
    you're welcome

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.