The Student Room Group

Unsure of A-level Choices

I am interested in teaching as my future career. I am unsure if I want to teach Primary School, or teach Religious Education at a secondary school. However, this is something that I can decide closer to the time.
For now, I am unsure of what to choose for my A-levels. I initially wanted to do Religious Studies, English Lit & Lang, and Psychology, but now I am unsure of whether I should stick to these. I have a few choices I am struggling to make:
- Replace English with BTEC Health & Social Care
- Replace Psychology with BTEC Health & Social Care
- Replace English with Sociology
- Keep it as it is!

I would like some help in deciding what choice to make. It would also be helpful if you have studied any of these A-levels and can tell me about your experience.

Thank You
Don't choose BTECs because they will reduce your chance accepting by good universities.
If you can do Alevels then do Alevels. Avoid BTECs if you want to make it easier for yourself to get into a decent uni
nah keep it the way it is, your original a level choices are much more respected
guys what should i studty at uni if im doing alevel french, gov&pol and business ?
Reply 5
Original post by StudentUser2405
guys what should i studty at uni if im doing alevel french, gov&pol and business ?

That depends..what sort of career do you want to get into? Also, did you enjoy Gov&Pol?
Original post by Emmy_Girl
That depends..what sort of career do you want to get into? Also, did you enjoy Gov&Pol?

thats the thing. i dont know what career i want to go into and im only n my first year of 6th form so everything so far is good.
Reply 7
Original post by StudentUser2405
thats the thing. i dont know what career i want to go into and im only n my first year of 6th form so everything so far is good.

To be honest, it is only up to you as to what you want to study as it will affect your future. You can ask for some ideas on what these subjects can get you into, but you will have to research yourself as the ultimate decision will be yours. Asking your subject teachers might be a good starting point.
If you are really enjoying your chosen subjects, you can get a degree on them. I know a lot of universities offer Politics & Business as a degree. For example - http://www.aston.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/joint-honours/politics-business/
Original post by Emmy_Girl
To be honest, it is only up to you as to what you want to study as it will affect your future. You can ask for some ideas on what these subjects can get you into, but you will have to research yourself as the ultimate decision will be yours. Asking your subject teachers might be a good starting point.
If you are really enjoying your chosen subjects, you can get a degree on them. I know a lot of universities offer Politics & Business as a degree. For example - http://www.aston.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/joint-honours/politics-business/

okay thank you very much !!

Quick Reply

Latest