Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Top reasons why boys cannot find a girlfriend Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    You'll never know & id rather jump out of a moving car than waste another second of my time on u
    Your choice; it's just a shame you have to resort to insults instead of actually having anything productive to say, and I still fail to see how "hi handsome " is any more interesting or indeed conversation-starting than asking how you are...not too mention the latter is just common courtesy.

Don't think because you're a woman I'm going to treat you any different and not call you out on your ********. Besides, this only goes to show to the others on here who claim I "can" do well with women just how poorly they treat me in the first place.

(Original post by RobML)
    I think you're just bad at reading people
    Firstly, it's an internet forum, and secondly I was being sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Well, if we're going to throw useless arguments around, who gave birth to and raised all of these men that supposedly did all of those things?

Maybe deep-rooted sexism is the reason you can't find a girlfriend?
    Men raised by their fathers tend to have more skills in life. Agree with birth but it may change in future: http://www.topinfopost.com/2015/02/1...omb-test-tubes

ReputationRep:
    Can you give me an example of 'being creative' when you first meet somebody in person.

in my opinion there is absolutely no need to 'be creative' or to try and distinguish yourself from other guys in your 'opening line'.
    I'm mostly referring to how one first introduces themselves. You can't expect to get an enthusiastic response when you're indistinguishable from every other man and his dog. Plain greetings are statistically shown to garner fewer responses on dating sites, and it's the same in real life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Go **** yourself

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    I'd ignore her dude; her list was a dig at me after what I said earlier. Irony is, she refers to my greeting as dry and yet despite her allege desire for wanting to talk about subjects of interest, her opening line was "hi handsome ".

Supernova91; you got something to say, you say it directly to me love. Otherwise keep your comments to yourself.
    I thought exposing users like that wasn't allowed here on TSR. :eek:

And this is a public forum, she's free to comment what she wants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Recont)
    Men raised by their fathers tend to have more skills in life. Agree with birth but it may change in future: http://www.topinfopost.com/2015/02/1...omb-test-tubes
    that's a satire/hoax site.

ReputationRep:
    Because most of their time is spent on this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I'm mostly referring to how one first introduces themselves. You can't expect to get an enthusiastic response when you're indistinguishable from every other man and his dog. Plain greetings are statistically shown to garner fewer responses on dating sites, and it's the same in real life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i specified in person, i have no interest in chirpsing girls online.

And that's why I asked for an example of in person, what creative introductions have you came up with??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I thought exposing users like that wasn't allowed here on TSR. :eek:

And this is a public forum, she's free to comment what she wants.
    Her post wasn't anonymous, so I didn't expose her.

Of course she is, and I wouldn't wish to restrict that, but if she's going to have subtle digs at members AND THEN make such a hypocritical comment about wanting interesting openers when she herself has lacking conversation starters then I just fancy pointing that out.

ReputationRep:
    i specified in person, i have no interest in chirpsing girls online.

And that's why I asked for an example of in person, what creative introductions have you came up with??
    Well if I walk up to a girl in a club, merely saying "hello how are you" isn't likely to be successful. Grab them by the attention innit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pereira325)
    Who built house you are living in? Who built, invented and constantly improves car that you drive? Who planned cities, created wheel, electricity, airplanes, firefights, top doctors etc.? Even kitchen is dominated by men, any top cleaning service is provided by men. It is reality. If woman has a choice between being at home and working in 99% cases she would prefer staying at home, do washing and cleaning using gadgets that were created by men

These aren't plain facts and if you can't tell that through common sense, please get your head out of the place where the sun doesn't shine As they say! Obviously there are examples of women who excel in construction, engineering, medicine... all areas. Women represent half of the population in the UK so you don't have a right to generalise like that, especially negatively! Women create gadgets too, women do everything men do. Bye troll, I took the bait this time
    Fact is a fact. If 2+2=4 and I will tell you it in way you like and way you wouldn't like it does not change fact that 2+2=4. Some women are good in that areas but they use all the previous work of men.

Women population in UK, even if it would be 99% still allows me to express myself in the way I want. If you don't like it-log out. Simple as that.

ReputationRep:

Of course she is, and I wouldn't wish to restrict that, but if she's going to have subtle digs at members AND THEN make such a hypocritical comment about wanting interesting openers when she herself has lacking conversation starters then I just fancy pointing that out.
    I'm not sure how her list was a dig at you. You're the complete opposite of self-righteous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your choice; it's just a shame you have to resort to insults instead of actually having anything productive to say, and I still fail to see how "hi handsome " is any more interesting or indeed conversation-starting than asking how you are...not too mention the latter is just common courtesy.

Don't think because you're a woman I'm going to treat you any different and not call you out on your ********. Besides, this only goes to show to the others on here who claim I "can" do well with women just how poorly they treat me in the first place.

Firstly, it's an internet forum, and secondly I was being sarcastic.
    I don't think it's ******** , it's my opinion . And I stand corrected because it defiantly should have just said 'hi'

ReputationRep:
    that's a satire/hoax site.
    Read the same article on NY Times. Or is it hoax again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I'm not sure how her list was a dig at you. You're the complete opposite of self-righteous
    Well, evidently she thinks otherwise.

I don't think it's ******** , it's my opinion . And I stand corrected because it defiantly should have just said 'hi'
    And now we're having digs at my appearance. You are one pathetic individual. Grow up. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Well if I walk up to a girl in a club, merely saying "hello how are you" isn't likely to be successful. Grab them by the attention innit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So come on! Tell me what you'd say!!

Okay I'll admit in a club it's sort of different... I've said some pretty random **** to girls in clubs but not because I'm trying hard to be all edgy and interesting, but probably because I was off my tits
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Yes, and at the same time she didn't @ you. She could be talking about another person. Don't take things so personally.

She has lacking conversation starters herself? That's a bit rude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Recont)
    Read the same article on NY Times. Or is it hoax again?
    link me to it?

ReputationRep:

And now we're having digs at my appearance. You are one pathetic individual. Grow up. :laugh:
    There was never any dig in the first place , very paranoid, what makes you think any of it is about you.

ReputationRep:
    [citation needed]

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Yes, and at the same time she didn't @ you. She could be talking about another person. Don't take things so personally.

She has lacking conversation starters herself? That's a bit rude.
    True enough, but trust me I know it was aimed at me, especially with her comment at the end.

What I'm trying to say is if she's going to criticized me/someone for using "Hi, how are you" as an opener, then she should be aware that a simple "hi" is not exactly adequate either. Going by her standards.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.