Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I've looked around but can't seem to find advice applicable to my situation so thought I'd make an account and ask.

I'm currently an MSc candidate in Comparative Politics at LSE and was wondering how an MSc is calculated when it comes to U.S law school admissions?

I dunno what my GPA is but from rough calculations it seems a bit subpar (high 2:1) but i'm aiming for distinction at postgrad if my dissertation hold up. Would GPA for postgrad be calculated instead?

Is it seen as a good or bad thing to have a postgraduate degree before law school? I can see it coming across as being a bit indecisive, really, but surely having a masters isn't bad?

Has anybody had experience with U.S law schools that they'd like to share? I'm shooting for the big Ivies really (swinging for the fence and all that) so if anybody knows how admission works over there I'd be grateful for any advice!

Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.