Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel maths higher grade boundary predictions. (post 2015) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    These are terrible wrong. 50% of the paper tests grades 7, 8 and 9 so you definitely won't need to get 57.5% to get grade 6! 35% for grade 4 is also much too high. You rarely needed 35% to get a C on the old GCSE and that was considerably easier than the reformed qualification.
    So they screwed me over?
    Will this affect my college application? 25%, and a U is pretty bad.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carthaginian)
    So they screwed me over?
    Will this affect my college application? 25%, and a U is pretty bad.
    I don't suppose they did it deliberately. There is a lot of confusion out there. This shouldn't affect your college application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    I've already provided you with proof. Your OCR document says you can get grade 3 and so does the NCETM document if you actually bother to read it.
    I deleted the relevant messages. Although it is possible to get a grade 3, it says that if you just miss a grade 4 then you can get a grade 3. This means that the grades boundaries for 4 and 3 must be very close.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)
    I deleted the relevant messages. Although it is possible to get a grade 3, it says that if you just miss a grade 4 then you can get a grade 3. This means that the grades boundaries for 4 and 3 must be very close.
    Not that close as it happens. The gap between 3 and 4 is PROVISIONALLY set as half the gap between 4 and 5. It can be increased, if necessary, to make sure a large number of candidates do not fail altogether.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Yes.
    Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.