Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, so there was no sub forum for AP Courses so i decided to post here. If it's not in the right place, please move it! Thanks

Anyways, I am undertaking AP Calculus BC for UK unis because it is equivalent to A level maths and IB Maths HL. Thing is, it is a 1 year course. I just started studying with a little under 5 months to go for the exam so I was wondering if I can self study this course within that time span. I have a solid calculus foundation and know the basics and some advanced concepts of differentiation and integration and know all of my prerequisites (except for some trig). Anyways, is it possible? Please give me some hope!

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to find a lot of AP students on TSR lol. I took Calc AB last year, and I'm taking Calc BC this year. It's already January with about 4 months until the AP test, and we are just now starting to cover BC material. So I think it's very possible; as long you have a good foundation of calculus (differentiation rules, integral rules, related rates and optimization down) you should be okay.

Definitely take a mock AP every week or so to get used to the FRQ's though.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm an American student too. My school didn't have any AP exams but I did I self-study for the SAT-II, mainly in the humanities area though. Answering your question, yes! It is possible, I recommend visiting a math teacher every week to help you study. A mock test every couple of weeks will help out. Don't worry you got it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.