Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am an international student and I just came to the university of Stirling a few days ago, the whole reason why I came to the UK is because I've always been a huge fan of British culture, the way people talk to each other, the banter and what not, unfortunately things haven't gotten to the start I was hoping for, first, for some ridiculous reason, the people in charge of the foundation year believe it is a good idea to segregate us, international students, so I've been located on an accommodation that is almost exclusively full of other international students, and it Is also beyond uninspiring, and then on my foundation year I'll also be only with other international students.

So I was hoping someone could help me find ways to meet locals here? I am really into politics, football and literature mostly, so if anyone has ways to meet locals in Stirling or somewhere near like Glasgow that'd be really nice.

Also, I would like to look into the possibility of sharing a flat with someone close to the university, so if you are interested please let me know and we can talk to see if we get along and look into it.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    Juan

ReputationRep:
    Have you joined any societies? If u haven't that should help 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.