Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm fine with my other two subjects, but i hate History. I do not find it intresting at all and I also find it very difficult. My teacher is really bad at teaching and I learn nothing in lesson, so I have been teaching it myself at home (I do still attending the lessons though). However I can never remember anything and there's too much. Even just for one topic i can't seem to understand anything, I don't have this problem with my other subjects. I think i'm going to fail AS and if i do i cann't continue the subject to 2nd year.
    I would retake the 2nd year but I already was doing AS at another college beforehand, however I moved to this college for a fresh start and never even picked History in the first place. I only picked it because I got reccomended to drop a subject and pick something else up, and History is what I ended up picking up (I did do my research beforehand and it sounded interesting and something I would like)!
    I don't know what to do, i'm stressed as hell. I was thinking next year to do as and a2 psychology in the same year if my college lets me but the workload might be too much. If i stay on an extra year just to do a2 will it look bad???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ouatislifex)
    I'm fine with my other two subjects, but i hate History. I do not find it intresting at all and I also find it very difficult. My teacher is really bad at teaching and I learn nothing in lesson, so I have been teaching it myself at home (I do still attending the lessons though). However I can never remember anything and there's too much. Even just for one topic i can't seem to understand anything, I don't have this problem with my other subjects. I think i'm going to fail AS and if i do i cann't continue the subject to 2nd year.
    I would retake the 2nd year but I already was doing AS at another college beforehand, however I moved to this college for a fresh start and never even picked History in the first place. I only picked it because I got reccomended to drop a subject and pick something else up, and History is what I ended up picking up (I did do my research beforehand and it sounded interesting and something I would like)!
    I don't know what to do, i'm stressed as hell. I was thinking next year to do as and a2 psychology in the same year if my college lets me but the workload might be too much. If i stay on an extra year just to do a2 will it look bad???
    Sounds like me with maths. I'm predicted A*A*U, go figure. Literally ruins me, I should've just took politics or some other essay based subject, might have had a chance of getting into university if I did...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lw8)
    Sounds like me with maths. I'm predicted A*A*U, go figure. Literally ruins me, I should've just took politics or some other essay based subject, might have had a chance of getting into university if I did...
    The stuggle is real. I think i'm going to do well in my other subjects bbut that won't help when I fail History.

ReputationRep:
    Same, I'm not liking history one bit, even though I am in my 2nd year now and I am barely managing to get a D. It doesn't help that there's coursework which sounds like it would help a lot to boost up my grade however that **** is hard af, I picked the wrong question and while having done my research and finding sources, interpretation for it is hard, plus there's not a lot of information on what I am doing which sucks, (there probs is and im just not looking in the right places ah) It doesn't help I have literally given up for history yet lowkey still want to try my hardest in passing with atleast a C but just knowing that i need to learn the content and coursework really makes my determination crumble. One way I have heard it would be easy is by doing a timeline, and with each event writing a little paragraph on whats going on, are there any key people, factors that link with it and that's pretty much it, so even if your knowledge isn't in-depth at least you have some knowledge.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.