Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fixing really damaged bleached hair Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got a trim but it hasn't really helped. I've bleached my hair loads of times hm

ReputationRep:
    Cheap solution without the hairdresser is cover your hair in conditioner every night like completely brush your hair first so as much as possible is covered in conditioner, sleep in it overnight I put a towel on my pillows - or wear it for the whole day if you are just chilling at home. In the morning wash it all out (takes quite a while) made my heavily bleached hair way softer

ReputationRep:
    Redken extreme CAT
    Coconut oil
    Stop bleaching for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Redken extreme CAT
    Coconut oil
    Stop bleaching for a while
    Thanks I've stopped for a while now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maroumarou)
    Cheap solution without the hairdresser is cover your hair in conditioner every night like completely brush your hair first so as much as possible is covered in conditioner, sleep in it overnight I put a towel on my pillows - or wear it for the whole day if you are just chilling at home. In the morning wash it all out (takes quite a while) made my heavily bleached hair way softer
    I've done that before but I might try it again. I just bought L'oreal Extraordinary oil for my hair. Might make my hair look more healthy. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever tried the hair masks that come in little packets?
    I used a keratin protein one the other week and it was so good, my hairs pretty damaged bcs I've not had it cut in so long and it's full of split ends but the hair mask properly conditioned it and it felt a lot better.
    They're not the cheapest, like 1.90 for each one-use packet, but if you were to use one a week for a while it might help

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried Olaplex? It's one of the only things which actually repairs your hair, vs coating it in silicone or filling it with proteins. Olaplex builds disulphide bonds, the thing which keep your hair strong and the bonds which break during bleaching, and it's effect is permanent (until you damage you hair through styling or bleaching). It's pricey though, salons will typically charge £30- £50 for one treatment. It's hard to get hold of because it's not sold to the general public. But if you find a reputable dealer on amazon, you can buy a travel kit for around £60- £70 and get 6 uses out of it.

Lots of people are recommeding protein. Protein treatments are great but if you overuse them, your hair will literally snap off because protein treatments can severely dry out hair. This is why your hair feels a little hard sometimes after using such treatments. Redken CAT line is really good for weak hair. Make sure to deeply condition afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    Had a similar problem a year back. Firstly cut as much of the bleached hair as possible, may not sound appealing but it will help so much in the long run - a bit like a split nail, if you don't cut it then it will continue to split. Washing your hair less, this will allow your natural hair oils to re-nourish your hair.

I recommend applying warm coconut oil for a few hours or overnight if you can, will take 2-3 washes to get the oil out completely but soo worth it. You may also want to apply some on your ends during the day and continue to add a little bit up to your next hair wash.

You may want to try some nourishing face masks: Dabur Vatika Egg Protein hair mask (Around £4-£6 in Superdrug or Amazon) or the Lee Stafford Hair growth treatment (Around £9 but often on sale in Boots, 2 for £10) I absolutely love both of these and they pretty much saved my hair

ReputationRep:
    My gf did this and she spent bare ting ££ on the Olaplex treatment, it works

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely opt for Olaplex! It works.

Also, the Bleach London Reincarnation Mask is a really good (affordable) hair mask.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.