Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should people be banned from shopping in their pyjamas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they should wear burqas whilst shopping instead.

ReputationRep:
    It's one of those things that it's ridiculous to even discuss... no, it shouldn't be banned, because there should be no need to ban it, because people should have some personal standards. Sadly, it's often not the case.

ReputationRep:
    A ban may be a violation of Human Rights to wear pyjamas in public. The European Court of Human Rights better gets ready.

ReputationRep:
    No, instead ban men walking shirtless in shops during the hot days.

ReputationRep:
    I've gone to Aldi and Asda in my PJs quite a few times.

ReputationRep:
    They're literally just clothes... I don't understand this at all.

ReputationRep:
    live and let live... it makes no difference to you what someone else is wearing

if we're banning PJs then why not ban gym wear too (since it's probably sweaty/smelly and more disgusting and also have a specific non-shopping use) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    They're literally just clothes... I don't understand this at all.
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    live and let live... it makes no difference to you what someone else is wearing

if we're banning PJs then why not ban gym wear too (since it's probably sweaty/smelly and more disgusting and also have a specific non-shopping use) ?
    Exactly, they are literally just clothes made for some specific use, like gym clothes. Some pyjamas look like clothes and some clothes look like pyjamas. What difference does it make?

Some people are weird, getting offended over pyjamas; have they nothing better in life?

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit lazy but they do the same thing as clothes so if that's how people want to present themselves, let them crack on

ReputationRep:
    No. The lazy sods are the ones who'll regret it when they climb back into bed with all the city grime all over them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. whilst at uni I shop in my pjs all the time. I'll go out and get a donner/takeway in my pyjamas too :dontknow:

You don't know my story :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Its up to the shop i suppose if they want to implement a dress code.
    However it is lazy and it looks terribly scruffy walking around in pajamas outside of your house so if you decide to do this don't be surprised if people think poorly of you or give funny looks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.