Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does intelligence make a girl more/less attractive? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Opinions?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're talking to a dimwit, then I can imagine the conversations won't last very long :lol:

ReputationRep:
    More , surely ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    More, but to a point.

I don't agree, I'm an intelligent girl myself and always get As or A*s 😒
    But all what I see around me is fake friends or people and all what they wants is help in their work.

ReputationRep:
    It's really endearing when people know stuff. So yeah that makes intelligent gals more attractive.

Spoiler:
    Show

I've got serious extra respect for people who know a lot of history facts for some reason. I never even did history gcse...

ReputationRep:
    More

ReputationRep:
    Definitely more attractive, as far as I'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't agree, I'm an intelligent girl myself and always get As or A*s 😒
    But all what I see around me is fake friends or people and all what they wants is help in their work.
    me too haha, the amount of people that never talk to me at school but will message me on Facebook asking "if I understood the homework" is literally so ridiculous

(Original post by Tea2345)
    me too haha, the amount of people that never talk to me at school but will message me on Facebook asking "if I understood the homework" is literally so ridiculous
    Same 😂 I just stop replying to many of them I really don't care what they think. It's so annoying...

ReputationRep:
    Same 😂 I just stop replying to many of them I really don't care what they think. It's so annoying...
    nah I always reply because I feel bad if I don't haha (I'm too nice lol)

ReputationRep:
    More

(Original post by Tea2345)
    nah I always reply because I feel bad if I don't haha (I'm too nice lol)
    I was too nice as well but I stopped now. Why should I be nice to people who just says hello can u help me for a few mins and then bye..

All the people I know are like that, I don't have any best friends. Maybe because I'm still new to the country and my English is not very fluent.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely more. It can be slightly intimidating at times but it's sexy as hell.

I was too nice as well but I stopped now. Why should I be nice to people who just says hello can u help me for a few mins and then bye..

All the people I know are like that, I don't have any best friends. Maybe because I'm still new to the country and my English is not very fluent.
    I can feel 100% how you feel because I'm in the exact same situation as you.

ReputationRep:
    More. Why on earth would it make someone less attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella-keturah)
    More. Why on earth would it make someone less attractive
    i completely agree, its just lots of guys my age (16) don't 'talk' to clever girls- they want to be the most intelligent- so I assume they don't find being clever attractive?

I can feel 100% how you feel because I'm in the exact same situation as you.
    😔😔

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't be bothered how well she solves algebra. I'm only interested in one thaaaang..
    Kidding I'm not that shallow. I care more about personality than if she's memorised a book, I stick to that. I think people who worry intelligence is offputting will grow up and learn "nerdiness/geekiness" is only a stereotype of being educated. This is an immature concern OP, must say.

ReputationRep:

I know its really annoying when people take advantage of you and expect you to help, but maybe if you do help them you could try and continue a conversation with them so that they realise you are a nice person as well as clever. I hope you find some good friends soon, don't worry it takes time just try and stay positive

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.