Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does intelligence make a girl more/less attractive? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd hope intelligence adds to the attraction? It shouldn't be the only deciding factor but some form of brain is better than none

ReputationRep:
    i would think its a bonus, as long as she doesn't act snobby or arrogant about it.
    but then again its not always about how clever a girl is, there's a lot more too it.

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence makes everyone more attractive, regardless of their gender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Couldn't be bothered how well she solves algebra. I'm only interested in one thaaaang..
    Kidding I'm not that shallow. I care more about personality than if she's memorised a book, I stick to that. I think people who worry intelligence is offputting will grow up and learn "nerdiness/geekiness" is only a stereotype of being educated. This is an immature concern OP, must say.
    its not really a concern, I'm actually just curious- obviously I understand it all changes as you get older haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tea2345)
    its not really a concern, I'm actually just curious- obviously I understand it all changes as you get older haha
    k great

ReputationRep:
    k great
    woahhhhh sorry, no need to be so blunt

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is knowledgeable about something.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. Ditzy girls are annoying, not cute.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah thats the thing, I think guys I have talked to in the past have found me intimidating because of that (I'm not saying I'm a genius, but I'm known for being clever iygm) which is soo annoying, like i am actually a nice person aha
    Looking back, most of the girls I've been interested in always were top of the class (and not saying I'm clever but usually I could keep up ;D). An important part of a relationship for me is having intellectual conversations, and so obviously dating an intelligent person it would make it much easier. All you've gotta do though is just show you've got a fun and human side and people will see you for who you are soon enough

ReputationRep:
    Generally more in my opinion. It can get to a point however when it has the opposite effect. (Or is it affect, A level English didn't do much for me)

ReputationRep:
    woahhhhh sorry, no need to be so blunt
    what's the opposite of blunt. I will try to be that more if you tell me.
    • Very Important Poster

Its more attractive ofc all things being equal, even better when older. If you revisit the question and look ay it from a noys perspective, then:

Not more attractive if they are insecure/ immature and feel intimidated by the idea someone works hard or is smarter than they are.
    Being intelligent as of itself isnt going to override looks, fun personality/ pleasurable company and availability football playstation etc.

Be assured its a very good trait to have though. so be proud of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoley-oley)
    I'd hope intelligence adds to the attraction? It shouldn't be the only deciding factor but some form of brain is better than none
    lol "some form of brain"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Its more attractive ofc all things being equal, even better when older. If you revisit the question and look ay it from a noys perspective, then:

Not more attractive if they are insecure/ immature and feel intimidated by the idea someone works hard or is smarter than they are.
    Being intelligent as of itself isnt going to override looks, fun personality/ pleasurable company and availability football playstation etc.

Be assured its a very good trait to have though. so be proud of it.
    was gonna say...if someone is everything you don't want but intelligent it's not gonna happen. Maybe for someone else it will..I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antpoolio)
    Looking back, most of the girls I've been interested in always were top of the class (and not saying I'm clever but usually I could keep up ;D). An important part of a relationship for me is having intellectual conversations, and so obviously dating an intelligent person it would make it much easier. All you've gotta do though is just show you've got a fun and human side and people will see you for who you are soon enough
    yeah thats important to me too

I'm not like really weird or anything, I get on with pretty much everyone at school and am always smiling (i can't help it lol) but i go to an all girls school so all the guys I talk to don't know me that well- guess its easy to judge

ReputationRep:
    what's the opposite of blunt. I will try to be that more if you tell me.
    are you being sarcastic now hahah, lets not argue about this lol

ReputationRep:
    are you being sarcastic now hahah, lets not argue about this lol
    I want to become a better person :moon:

Tell me. Whats the opposite of blunt?

ReputationRep:
    I want to become a better person :moon:

Tell me. Whats the opposite of blunt?
    i still think you're being sarcastic....

but still opposite of blunt= not blunt aka being nice ?

ReputationRep:
    i still think you're being sarcastic....

but still opposite of blunt= not blunt aka being nice ?
    Wrong. The opposite of blunt is sharp

But ok, thanks for the advice. I will be more nice in the future x

now what made you make the thread? Don't tell me you're one of those girls who plays dumb for the stupid pretty boy. He's not worth it. Get those A*.

ReputationRep:
    Wrong. The opposite of blunt is sharp

But ok, thanks for the advice. I will be more nice in the future x

now what made you make the thread? Don't tell me you're one of those girls who plays dumb for the stupid pretty boy. He's not worth it. Get those A*.
    haha well clearly I'm not that sharp

omg ik you're being sarcastic !!!! the x says it all hahaha

idk why I made the thread, I'm procrastinating instead of revising for my mocks lol
    I guess I dumb myself down in front of everyone not just the 'stupid pretty boy' (not loads I'm not like really ditzy but a little) because I hate looking clever

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.