Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does intelligence make a girl more/less attractive? Watch

Intelligence is good and the ability to have an intellectual discussion is always welcome. When girls always have an opinion and are loud/ think they know it all, that is a problem however

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence is the rarest and nicest trait you can possibly find in a woman. For me it is the make or break of a relationship. My biggest turn off in a girl is stupidity and sadly that is the most common trait you can possibly find in girls. For me intelligence is everything!!!

ReputationRep:
    depends on level of arrogance, otherwise can only be a plus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    I've noticed that I tend to find intelligent women who are average looking or below average looking more desirable than the hot intelligent women.

I think part of me must feel threatened by the beauty and brains combo

I don't want a girl to outclass me like that in both departments. It's either one or the other ....not both! ....lol
    That's a bit sad that you're so insecure.

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence has to be up there for me as one of the most important things that I look for in a girl. I'd like to be with someone that I could talk to all day about different topics and subjects. Basically a person that intellectual stimulates me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tea2345)
    yeah thats important to me too

I'm not like really weird or anything, I get on with pretty much everyone at school and am always smiling (i can't help it lol) but i go to an all girls school so all the guys I talk to don't know me that well- guess its easy to judge
    Yeah exactly. People naturally don't like what they don't know.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elekro)
    There is a slight difference between intelligence, knowledge and good grades.......
    ^^^^
    Very true. I have a friend who usually gets Cs and Ds in both her GCSEs and now her A-levels, but I consider her to be very intelligent in the way that she thinks and sees the world.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.