Turn on thread page Beta

Sheffield Hallam Vs Uni of Sheffield History Course watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am just looking for some advice! I need help deciding what uni to choose. I got recieved an unconditional (if put as firm choice) from Sheffield Hallam and got a conditional offer from Uni of (AAB) however my predicted grades are ABB.
    I really liked Sheffield Hallam at the open day but haven't yet visted Uni Of.
    Some of my teachers are pushing me towards Uni Of, but I feel thats because they are just looking at them both in National League tables and the fact the Uni of has a better academic repuatation. I also love modern history, which is what Hallam offers, whereas Uni Of offer more ancient history modules.
    Looking for personal advice, more bothered about the people there and if i feel happy there (eg dont want to feel like I am lagging behind if everyone has got amazing AS results) rather than statisics if I am quite honest!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyjoyee)
    I am just looking for some advice! I need help deciding what uni to choose. I got recieved an unconditional (if put as firm choice) from Sheffield Hallam and got a conditional offer from Uni of (AAB) however my predicted grades are ABB.
    I really liked Sheffield Hallam at the open day but haven't yet visted Uni Of.
    Some of my teachers are pushing me towards Uni Of, but I feel thats because they are just looking at them both in National League tables and the fact the Uni of has a better academic repuatation. I also love modern history, which is what Hallam offers, whereas Uni Of offer more ancient history modules.
    Looking for personal advice, more bothered about the people there and if i feel happy there (eg dont want to feel like I am lagging behind if everyone has got amazing AS results) rather than statisics if I am quite honest!!!
    UoS offers far more choice because it is a bigger department. If you want to study modern history almost exclusively you can do so there.

ReputationRep:
    got a couple of mates on UOS history course, its a rigorous well respected degree and will open doors for you. one of the better history departments in the Russel group IIRC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    UoS offers far more choice because it is a bigger department. If you want to study modern history almost exclusively you can do so there.
    thankyou so much, still very undecided!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    got a couple of mates on UOS history course, its a rigorous well respected degree and will open doors for you. one of the better history departments in the Russel group IIRC
    thankyou for replying!! its such a hard choice because I also dont want to feel like I am just scraping through and everyone else being much more intelligent than me, I want to go on to teach after the degree so its not really like a really competive london business people who only want russel group univeristies. Dont want to feel out of my depth which is why i might feel more in my comfort zone at hallam, how are you friends finding it??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.