Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i don't have a phone and i'm 17 Watch

ReputationRep:
    i really want one
    i would love an iphone but i think they are too expensive
    my parents won't let me
    i have a phone but i rather wish i didn't - it's a nokia brick so u cant do naything with it
    i have no social media accounts as im not allowed
    i think i'll get a phone when i go to uni but it's be crap not good at taking photoes
    everyone at school is always using their phone so i feel left out
    help??advice??

ReputationRep:
    How'd you post this then?

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself a cheap android for 30/40, it wont have the best specs but has access to google play so you can get messenger, instagram, facebook, twitter, snapchat and a few basic games. That way you can keep in touch with your mates on social media.
    Go pay as you go and then you can still save a lot of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontknow123123)
    i really want one
    my parents won't let me
    i have a phone but i rather wish i didn't - it's a nokia brick so u cant do naything with it
    i think i'll get a phone when i go to uni but it's be crap not good at taking photoes
    help??advice??
    there isnt much you can do apart from to make your own money and buy your own phone. you could either work or make some money by selling things online or starting a business

ReputationRep:
    i really want one
    my parents won't let me
    help??advice??
    I got a good second hand iPhone5 for less than £50. If you can persuade your parents to let you, get a cheap phone second hand (but make sure it works before paying)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james813)
    I got a good second hand iPhone5 for less than £50. If you can persuade your parents to let you, get a cheap phone second hand (but make sure it works before paying)
    they won't let me, as in they don't want me to have a phone

ReputationRep:
    No danger of you being arrested for voyueristic photos then.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Like if you were sent here from https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4497600

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    there isnt much you can do apart from to make your own money and buy your own phone. you could either work or make some money by selling things online or starting a business
    but how i am not allowed to go on the computer or laptop for those kind of things
    and i doubt they'll let me get a job because that would affect my a levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    How'd you post this then?
    well i kinda become the master at doing it secretly
    life time experience
    im supposed to be studying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingHarold)
    No danger of you being arrested for voyueristic photos then.
    what does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    Get yourself a cheap android for 30/40, it wont have the best specs but has access to google play so you can get messenger, instagram, facebook, twitter, snapchat and a few basic games. That way you can keep in touch with your mates on social media.
    Go pay as you go and then you can still save a lot of money
    i cant get it myself. i don't have bank account

ReputationRep:
    what does that mean?
    no need i know what it is

ReputationRep:
    i cant get it myself. i don't have bank account
    Second hand ?
    Or shops like carphone warehouse and supermarkets sell cheap androids and they take cash.
    You then top up using cash

ReputationRep:
    i really want one
    my parents won't let me
    help??advice??
    Phones are overrated. Life was much better before everyone got phones. You simply arranged to do something and turned up. No social media, FOMO, stress, cyber bullying. And instead of screen time you used to actually meet up with your mates and play on the streets. I feel sorry for the kids of today (my own included)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    Second hand ?
    Or shops like carphone warehouse and supermarkets sell cheap androids and they take cash.
    You then top up using cash
    when am i going to go to carephone warehouse without them knowing because i'll have to tell them where i'm going

ReputationRep:
    Are you a south asian by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and still don't have a phone (I used to have a Nokia brick too, but that broke), and I still play Pokemon emerald on my Game Boy advance. I find lots of the features on smartphones unnecessary, and I'd rather use my PC/laptop for communicating. Nokia bricks ftw, they have everything you need m8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Phones are overrated. Life was much better before everyone got phones. You simply arranged to do something and turned up. No social media, FOMO, stress, cyber bullying. And instead of screen time you used to actually meet up with your mates and play on the streets. I feel sorry for the kids of today (my own included)
    thanks but unfortunately life isn't like that anymore and people move on to fit in

ReputationRep:
    when am i going to go to carephone warehouse without them knowing because i'll have to tell them where i'm going
    You never go to the supermarket ?
    Just save up, say your going to the loo next time you are at a supermarket and buy yourself the phone.

If your parents are that controlling, maybe you should contact someone about that depending on how its affecting you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.