The Student Room Group

i don't have a phone and i'm 17

i really want one
i would love an iphone but i think they are too expensive
my parents won't let me
i have a phone but i rather wish i didn't - it's a nokia brick so u cant do naything with it
i have no social media accounts as im not allowed
i think i'll get a phone when i go to uni but it's be crap not good at taking photoes
everyone at school is always using their phone so i feel left out
help??advice??

Scroll to see replies

How'd you post this then?
Original post by idontknow123123
i really want one
my parents won't let me
i have a phone but i rather wish i didn't - it's a nokia brick so u cant do naything with it
i think i'll get a phone when i go to uni but it's be crap not good at taking photoes
help??advice??

there isnt much you can do apart from to make your own money and buy your own phone. you could either work or make some money by selling things online or starting a business
(edited 7 years ago)
i really want one
my parents won't let me
help??advice??

I got a good second hand iPhone5 for less than £50. If you can persuade your parents to let you, get a cheap phone second hand (but make sure it works before paying)
Original post by james813
I got a good second hand iPhone5 for less than £50. If you can persuade your parents to let you, get a cheap phone second hand (but make sure it works before paying)

they won't let me, as in they don't want me to have a phone
No danger of you being arrested for voyueristic photos then.
Original post by CraigBackner
there isnt much you can do apart from to make your own money and buy your own phone. you could either work or make some money by selling things online or starting a business

but how i am not allowed to go on the computer or laptop for those kind of things
and i doubt they'll let me get a job because that would affect my a levels
Original post by That'sGreat
How'd you post this then?

well i kinda become the master at doing it secretly
life time experience
im supposed to be studying
Original post by KingHarold
No danger of you being arrested for voyueristic photos then.

what does that mean?
i cant get it myself. i don't have bank account
what does that mean?

no need i know what it is
i really want one
my parents won't let me
help??advice??

Phones are overrated. Life was much better before everyone got phones. You simply arranged to do something and turned up. No social media, FOMO, stress, cyber bullying. And instead of screen time you used to actually meet up with your mates and play on the streets. I feel sorry for the kids of today (my own included)
when am i going to go to carephone warehouse without them knowing because i'll have to tell them where i'm going
Reply 14
Are you a south asian by any chance?
Reply 15
I'm 18 and still don't have a phone (I used to have a Nokia brick too, but that broke), and I still play Pokemon emerald on my Game Boy advance. I find lots of the features on smartphones unnecessary, and I'd rather use my PC/laptop for communicating. Nokia bricks ftw, they have everything you need m8.
Original post by ByEeek
Phones are overrated. Life was much better before everyone got phones. You simply arranged to do something and turned up. No social media, FOMO, stress, cyber bullying. And instead of screen time you used to actually meet up with your mates and play on the streets. I feel sorry for the kids of today (my own included)

thanks but unfortunately life isn't like that anymore and people move on to fit in
thanks but unfortunately life isn't like that anymore and people move on to fit in

Well you say that. I sacked of Facebook a while a go and left my uni Whatsapp group after eejits thought is might be good to post pictures of dead children. The sun still rises in the East and life goes on. To be fair, life has improved since I abandoned Facebook. I focus more on real people rather than fake caricatures of people.

Enjoy your phone!
Honestly if you can't do that then m8, grow some balls, get some money, leave the house for an hour, buy the phone. Saved my lunch money in year 7 and bought a ps3.
i kinda suck so i wouldn't do that. not that i lie i do that all the time especially when u have strict parents

Latest

Trending

Trending