Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS French Mock - Can I / how can I get from a low C to an A in 2 months' time. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting Ds and Cs in my recent French tests but I really need an A at the end of this year. I am willing to put the work in but I am unsure how to divide my time and what I need to be confidant on to get a high grade. If anyone has a list of things to revise that would help me a lot.

Also do you think that I could get to an A grade in 8 weeks (including 2 over half term) if I really put the work in?

ReputationRep:
    Yes man definately its possible i had same scenario but with the lesson English Literature not being english. At maybe february 2016 i was getting C level in the mock paper for AS exam and i then i thought this is it i'm going to try better. over the time until the real exam i did a lot of good work revising and got an A!

I think though it is important not to let other lessons slip behind if you try working harder on just one subject this is key. Also from experience if it for university you need A my friends say that unis know of the a level exam stress and unless they are very prestidious they are usually a bit more lenient when you apply.

For french my friend she said that a lot of it is CONTENT. Maybe not so much the most perfect grammar or ending agreements but knowledge of the topics themselves like she said Charities, Cyber Society etc and having an opinion on them. The stuff which you talk about is more important than how you talk of it if i am making sense to you. She also said that take it slow, when in the french exam do not skim texts looking for answers but really take time to understand them word for word To practise maybe try and translate french articles on line or in books. She said when she did this she found many similar phrase and passages coming up in all the texts which she could then easily spot in the exams.

Finally i think from me just be confident you will do well and feel that you have what it takes because you will. Also understand you are not all alone find other people to talk to who feel the same and you can help each other!

Hope this can be helping to you,
    Hiran :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EthanBrads)
    I'm getting Ds and Cs in my recent French tests but I really need an A at the end of this year. I am willing to put the work in but I am unsure how to divide my time and what I need to be confidant on to get a high grade. If anyone has a list of things to revise that would help me a lot.

Also do you think that I could get to an A grade in 8 weeks (including 2 over half term) if I really put the work in?
    I wouldn't worry too much tbh at this stage. With French go through your student textbook and write down EVERY vocab that you don't understand and learn them. Practice those essays thouroughly and look at the examiner's report to see how and why the best essays get the full marks. In terms of listening, try listening to French radio or watching your favourite shows in French so you get used to the accents etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.